Best Airline For The Disabled

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Best Airline For The Disabled

Post by Firefly »

Having not travelled to Cyprus in a few years, I wonder if anyone has had experience as a disabled passenger.

I am planning to fly to Larnaca in October, and unsure which airline is best for me to fly with. In the past, my experience of the care and assistance given to the disabled passenger has been very varied, one at least I will never use again. I would be grateful anyone's recent experiences please.

Thank you

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Re: Best Airline For The Disabled

Post by Firefly »

Harry

Thank you for that.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jackie

I used to fly Easy jet from Manchester regularly and witnessed first hand the excellent care provided by Manchester airport staff.

Jim
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:23 pm Buit is it not the airport each end rather than the airline which is responsible for conveying, and looking after, people with disabilities?
Absolutely. Larnaca is better set up than Pafos. At Pafos the Disability check-in/waiting area is in itself disabled! Heathrow terminal 5 I found excellent. Additionally if flying with BA there's no charge for seat selection if booking as a disabled passenger.
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

Yes it is the airport not the airline that handles access for disabled people, we unfortunately have to use this facility and can confirm Paphos is very good, always quick and very helpful. Unfortunately we fly from Manchester who are not so good.
Galini

Post by Galini »

Gatwick airport is also excellent whenever my mother has used it
WHL

Post by WHL »

Larnaca disabled service is second to none, the worse we have heard of is Liverpool, where a friend of ours saw an elderly lady desperately trying to push her disabled husband, because there was no one to help, my friend stepped in.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I had experience of Easy Jet's disabled seats, they forced me in to a front seat with absolutely no leg room. I explained to the flight attendant that I had a fixed left knee, and asked to be moved but they refused, I spent the whole flight sitting sideways with my legs underneath my husbands, never again. I know the airport assistance can be erratic, but to fly over four and a half hours when trapped this way is not to be recommended.

Thank you all for your input, I will be flying from Birmingham to Larnaca.

Jackie
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Red team all the way...jet2.com fly BHX to LCA, first class assistance. 💋
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no