Round trip to see the cedar trees

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Round trip to see the cedar trees

Post by cyprusmax47 »

The other day I went on a round trip to see the cedar trees. I was a bit worried when I heard that a thunderstorm started a fire near cedar valley some days ago.

So I started the tour from where I live, passing Episkopi rock...

and 20 minutes later to enter the Troodos forest via Vretsia

and arrived just before Kelefos Bridge at the Arminou Dam near Agios Nikolaos

then I ignored the busy Kykkos Monastery and continued the journey with the view towards the occupied North and the first cedar tree..

to dive 15 minutes later into the famous cedar valley, and here we are, plenty cedar trees

I had the impression that some of them looked not healthy though

specially here where they stopped growing higher

A few miles after leaving the cedar valley there is a junction where one can drive downhill to Panagia or uphill to Stavros Psokas forest station. I was choosing the uphill road, knowing that some of the largest cedars were growing in that direction.(in the background that's are all cedar trees)

and this rock is one of my favourite locations with a huge cedar on the steep descend

So after this highlight (for me!) I drove straight to Stavros Psokas and from there via Lysos - Simou - Polemi back home....

Max
Cherry345

Re: Round trip to see the cedar trees

Post by Cherry345 »

Your pictures are beautiful, some of them are so good that they look like postcards, I think you are quite the adventurer lol...what an amazing day out that must have been.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Thanks for sharing, will go and visit this place soon.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Yes Max, that is a lovely route. We've done that also quite a few times. Those ceders are so beautiful.
Louise :)
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Thanks for sharing. Used to love this trip but not as confident driving on my own up there as I used to be. Lovely to see the views again. I will have to find a trip that takes in the area or put my brave face on and drive through there again.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cherry345 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 am Your pictures are beautiful, some of them are so good that they look like postcards, I think you are quite the adventurer lol...what an amazing day out that must have been.
Thanks for your compliments regarding my photos. I had a very good teacher in the past, when I met a German star photographer, which stayed in the next hotel bungalow on my very first holiday visits to Kyrenia in 1970...

I did hundreds of trips alone to explore the wider Paphos area >30 years ago without any fears to get lost... nowadays a different story even with mobile phone connections nowadays, I would not go alone to very remote areas as I did in the past.

Max