TinyPic

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

TinyPic

Post by memory man »

TinyPic is shutting down in 2019
TinyPic is shutting down its image hosting service because we can no longer support a free service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site ad revenues.
While you may continue to host images from our site until further notice, we encourage you to consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site, Photobucket.
Thanks for using TinyPic for your hosting needs over the years. We apologize that we can no longer continue providing this service, but Photobucket is a great option going forward.
Close message
LouiseCastricum

Re: TinyPic

Post by LouiseCastricum »

That is a shame. Which other program to use?
Louise :)
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I've always preferred Tinypic in comparison to Photobucket - I just found photobucket very clunky and tinypic much simpler and easy to use.

I store my photos on my flickr account so I can share images easily from there and they're automatically uploaded at the maximum file size to share directly on here....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
memory man

Post by memory man »

IMPORTANT DATES:
August 20, 2019 - no new images may be uploaded on TinyPic.

August 26, 2019 - hosted images will no longer be viewable on 3rd party websites. Because we are an anonymous hosting site and therefore cannot provide notice by e-mail to our users, we have opted to replace all hosted images with a temporary message directing them to this notice.

September 16, 2019 - last day for TinyPic account holders to access their accounts and download their images.

http://tinypic.com/
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thse wih are lamenting the death of 'Tiny Pics' should perhaps look for a replacement on Google
https://www.google.com/search?q=Best+re ... e&ie=UTF-8
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

I use both photo storage, I preferred Photobucket myself I have stored photos on both, I now use OneDrive that automatically downloads from your phone to cloud storage, I find very convenient and extremely easy to use, no cables or storage on your PC, although you can take your pics and edit them on your PCs storage if you wish, way to go now I feel, and so far it is free to use.

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-US/

Of course you could pay for Tiny Pics software if you wish.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

OK understand now Lloyd, like you I never paid for the service, perhaps why it has gone down? but we all have a chance to move any pictures that are on that site, I have nothing there now and I do not use those kind of picture storing, as I posted now use OneDrive cloud storage, you will need a Google account, most of us do now. You can of course buy as I have done a stand alone Hard Drive with 2 Gigs of storage, that should easily hold all your pics and easy for your family to get at and you do not need any password to get at them, maybe the way to go now.

Perch what do you know I do not? :?
Jim.