Oven temperatures

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Post Reply
User avatar
aphrodite
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Kamares, Tala originally from London

Oven temperatures

Post by aphrodite » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Can anyone help please? The oven is called PRINCE and the thermostat is 1 - 7? I have googled both name and temp range but not finding anything. I’m hoping someone has similar and can help. A date and walnut cake mix is waiting!
Image
Image

Jimgym
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:37 am
Location: Paphos

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by Jimgym » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:55 pm

I know its electric but would the numbers relate to gas mark temps? Gas mark 3 = 165 c (325f) etc.

User avatar
aphrodite
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Kamares, Tala originally from London

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by aphrodite » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Jimgym wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:55 pm
I know its electric but would the numbers relate to gas mark temps? Gas mark 3 = 165 c (325f) etc.
Thank you for reply, but I honestly don’t know, I’ve never come across it before? Problem is I don’t have an instruction manual and can’t find anything online re 'Prince'!
Image

User avatar
71 Trans Am
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:17 pm
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne and Paphos

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by 71 Trans Am » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Standard Electric Oven Temperature Scale

Step 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Approx. Temp. 150 °C 175 °C 200 °C 225 °C 250 °C 275 °C 300 °C 325 °C
Other ovens may be marked on a scale of 1-7, where Step 1⁄2 is about 125 °C in a conventional oven, Step 1 is about 150 °C, increasing by 25 °C for each subsequent step, up to Step 7 at 300 °C.[6]

User avatar
aphrodite
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Kamares, Tala originally from London

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by aphrodite » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:03 pm

71 Trans Am wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm
Standard Electric Oven Temperature Scale

Step 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Approx. Temp. 150 °C 175 °C 200 °C 225 °C 250 °C 275 °C 300 °C 325 °C
Other ovens may be marked on a scale of 1-7, where Step 1⁄2 is about 125 °C in a conventional oven, Step 1 is about 150 °C, increasing by 25 °C for each subsequent step, up to Step 7 at 300 °C.[6]
Thank you Trans Am. Are you able to provide me with a link to this scale, as I was unable to find one? Is this a new feature on ovens as it’s all new to me!?
Image

lefkes
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by lefkes » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:34 pm

aphrodite wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm
Can anyone help please? The oven is called PRINCE and the thermostat is 1 - 7? I have googled both name and temp range but not finding anything. I’m hoping someone has similar and can help. A date and walnut cake mix is waiting!
Image
Just buy yourself a oven thermometer ,hang it under one of the shelves then you can check the temperature.

User avatar
Jimgward
Posts: 2135
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:14 pm
Location: Lanark
Contact:

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by Jimgward » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:28 pm

aphrodite wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm
Can anyone help please? The oven is called PRINCE and the thermostat is 1 - 7? I have googled both name and temp range but not finding anything. I’m hoping someone has similar and can help. A date and walnut cake mix is waiting!
I'd take the walnut cake, but a date would have my missus chucking me out!

User avatar
aphrodite
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Kamares, Tala originally from London

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by aphrodite » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:55 am

Jimgward wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:28 pm
I'd take the walnut cake, but a date would have my missus chucking me out!
HaHa!
lefkes wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:34 pm
Just buy yourself a oven thermometer, hang it under one of the shelves then you can check the temperature.
A thermometer it is, as no one seems to know! Very odd. Now, where to buy a thermometer in Pafos (not Amazon)?
Image

Jimgym
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:37 am
Location: Paphos

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by Jimgym » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm

There is a kitchen supplies shop in old town. Coming along one way system with big car park on left and market cafes on right, go along and its on corner in front of you, next to market. Hope that helps!

trevnhil
Posts: 3622
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Polemi

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by trevnhil » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:23 pm

There is also one At the top of Polis Road, next to One Stop Shop. But bear in mind it Wednesday half day closing
Trev..

User avatar
aphrodite
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Kamares, Tala originally from London

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by aphrodite » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Jimgym wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm
There is a kitchen supplies shop in old town. Coming along one way system with big car park on left and market cafes on right, go along and its on corner in front of you, next to market. Hope that helps!
Thank you Jimgym. I know where you mean but my only concern is where to park nearby.
trevnhil wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:23 pm
There is also one At the top of Polis Road, next to One Stop Shop. But bear in mind it Wednesday half day closing
Thanks trevnhil, I might go up there tomorrow, might be easier to park.
Image

mouse
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by mouse » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I would purchase an oven thermometer.

Austin7
Posts: 1183
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:05 pm
Location: Tala - the not so posh as Kamares bit

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by Austin7 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:42 pm

I'm sure they sell them in AlphaMega downstairs in the kitchen equipment part.

Maggie B
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:40 am
Location: Inverness, previously Paphos

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by Maggie B » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:20 pm

I cook everything by, baking, sauteing, frying, slow cooking, pressure cooking, boiling, barbecuing, simmering . . . . . And every other known form of cooking known to man and beast. . . . . . .from scratch.

I reckon I have had three fabulous cooker/ovens in my cooking life and no amount of guides have really helped me. You just have to get to know it by trial and error.. . . . . . . . . But, once you 'get it' with your cooker, it is a wonderful thing. Temperature, fan or or not, conventional or not, it's a tricky thing?

I would always advise - get a rough guide (which you have been given above) but, don't trust it until you have tried it a good few times. Don't cook a very expensive Beef Wellington until you have got this new cooker by the goolies. Just some cheapish stuff until you and it understand each other. ❤

Maggie B

glang3000
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by glang3000 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:10 am

1 = 135c
2 = 150c
3 = 165c
4 = 175c
5 = 190c
6 = 205c
7 = 220c

User avatar
aphrodite
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Kamares, Tala originally from London

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by aphrodite » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:31 am

glang3000 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:10 am
1 = 135c
2 = 150c
3 = 165c
4 = 175c
5 = 190c
6 = 205c
7 = 220c
Appreciate your conversion, but I have already seen this as gas mark equivalents. The oven is electric so I do wonder why they would put gas mark settings instead of Celsius? I’m going to buy an oven thermometer and try to work out the c for each number.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Image

Austin7
Posts: 1183
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:05 pm
Location: Tala - the not so posh as Kamares bit

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by Austin7 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 am

Maybe you should buy a new oven :lol: :lol:

Lofos-5
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:07 pm
Location: Doha, Qatar and Lofos (Tala)

Re: Oven temperatures

Post by Lofos-5 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:10 am

Austin7 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 am
Maybe you should buy a new oven :lol: :lol:
You don’t happen to be in the oven and fridge retail sector do you? ;)

Post Reply