Extinction Rebellion protests:

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
STELIOSBWFC

Extinction Rebellion protests:

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/e ... spartandhp.

I do my bit for saving the planet and try to recycle as much as I can but this is just a step to far. What happens if 1 goes out of control and hits a planes engine.
smudger

Re: Extinction Rebellion protests:

Post by smudger »

Me too Stelios, but this organisation is a step too far. I just feel the world is going to hell and back, in many areas, in the name of freedom and rights.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

It is a real shame that man cannot live with man with out greed to enjoy this lovely planet. I'm glad that being 50 my kids have decided not to bring children in to this sad world. Call me if you want but it is the choice of my kids. The UK where they would grow up would be nothing like the 50,60 70 s but more violent and hard to live and be kids. Its sad but I respect them for that.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I am not in favour of building a 3rd runway at Heathrow. But this latest plan to disrupt the lives of ordinary people by this extremists group is illegal and potentially very dangerous. The police should be supported in their duty to apprehend and charge of anyone caught flying a drone of any type too close to Heathrow or any other airport.
It’s amazing what behaviors this group Extinction Rebellion have got away with so far in the name of saving the planet.
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

But why can’t Cafe Nero use normal china cups, plates and glasses? Shouldn’t be too difficult if they have or(invest) in a dishwasher! That should both reduce the amount of waste they create and be much better for the planet.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just a thought, how can using paper be better, how many forests will have to be cut down? to satisfy demand.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

WHL wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 pm Just a thought, how can using paper be better, how many forests will have to be cut down? to satisfy demand.
Forests can be sustainable. You cut down only the quantity of wood that grows in an average year, so that the carbon tonnage in the growth equals the carbon tonnage you exploit. This is already much done in many places (Amazon excepted).
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

After seeing everyone sitting down with these plastic cups, I asked for mine to be put into a proper cup. So if you ask, they do have them. This is purely to save time/cost on washing up and is unique to that restaurant as they always serve it in a coffee cup in the Mall.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way