Legal advice - communal property

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
smudger

Re: Legal advice - communal property

Post by smudger »

Have to disagree Varky. Our complex is indeed very complex! We have detached villas, town houses, bungalows, shops and flats, and just to add to the problem a private road!
Due to - surprise, surprise - errors and omissions by our developer - things became quite complicated with issues such as private villas which have stood for 14 years being technically responsible for communal costs including the communal pool when they all have their own pools!
Working out the division of costs has proved to be very daunting and not something that any of us on the commmittee would have tackled. Our MC has guided us through this exceedingly well and professionally. We even had a letter from a previously quite disgruntled owner praising us on our choice of MC and complimenting them in their running of the complex issues!

We are still in our first year of managing the complex but can say quite truthfully that we are well satisfied so far.
Varky

Re: Legal advice - communal property

Post by Varky »

Smudger,
I can only go by my experiences for the last 6 years as a chairman of a management committee. I must admit that our complex is a lot simpler than the one you describe as being yours. I would also request that you PM me the name of your helpful MC.