Law allows Brits to live in Cyprus in case of no deal Brexit

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
mike strand2

Re: Law allows Brits to live in Cyprus in case of no deal Brexit

Post by mike strand2 »

WHL, you should provide a source for your information & that ought to settle this squabble.
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:42 pm WHL, you should provide a source for your information & that ought to settle this squabble.
There's no squabble, there are not three hundred thousand cypriot citizens living in the UK, they are British Citizens who are of cypriot decent , the vast majority of which were born and raised in the UK, its as daft as saying there are a million Indian citizens living in the UK they are British who's forefathers came from India,
The amount of Cypriot Citizens is approx twenty thousand the majority students, its out there on google if any body wants to check.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

WHL wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:04 pm
mike strand2 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:42 pm WHL, you should provide a source for your information & that ought to settle this squabble.
There's no squabble, there are not three hundred thousand cypriot citizens living in the UK, they are British Citizens who are of cypriot decent , the vast majority of which were born and raised in the UK, its as daft as saying there are a million Indian citizens living in the UK they are British who's forefathers came from India,
The amount of Cypriot Citizens is approx twenty thousand the majority students, its out there on google if any body wants to check.
So, say where you have got this information from. Google is not a source! I'm sure you won't have made it up.
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:00 pm
WHL wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:04 pm
So, say where you have got this information from. Google is not a source! I'm sure you won't have made it up.
My Next door neighbour is a high ranking civil servant in Nicosia, he is a serious and fair man, and over the years, we have had many many chats, regards Cyprus, UK/ World affairs, and I have no reason to doubt what he says,
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Ok, Wikipedia, so no guarantee of authentic, but;
CypriotBorn.png
CypriotBorn.png (55.7 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Can we assume then, that you are both wrong? :mrgreen:

I would assume most in that census are elderly and so numbers will be lower, but more students now than 2011 I'd guess, so should even up?