Tax office "service"

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
darrow

Tax office "service"

Post by darrow »

Logging on to my taxisnet to check my temp tax return and finding a mistake, made by the senior assessor who kindly filled in our form last year, I found I was unable to alter the form. I suspected I would need to submit a completely new form but wanted to confirm if this was so. After spending half an hour phoning in vain, I got a senior assessor number, wh gave me a number to try. Again, kept ringing, but no answer. So this morning I went to the tax office to see if I could get some assistance with my query. A young woman asked me what I wanted,(couldn't call her a lady, she was extremely rude!) I barely got half a sentance out, and she interrupted and told me assistance was no longer available. "If you can't do it, get a professional" she said. I stood my ground and eventually, after more interjections by her, I managed to establish that yes, I do indeed have to submit a new form with the altered amounts. What happened to customer service? As soon as I said Mr **** filled it in but made a mistake, she threw her hands up " you can't go up there!" she said! I said , I only want to know.." when she cut in and repeated the remark about getting a professional! Wrong thing to say to me, I wasn't going anywhere at that point! Why do they feel the need to be so rude? :x
darrow

Re: Tax office "service"

Post by darrow »

David Brown wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 am You haven't yet learned that the Cypriots are never wrong.
The more you complain the worse it gets.
Just accept you wont win and try a calmer approach.
I wasn't mad. I was calm. Since I only got about 4 words out before she interupted me. I was exasperated, but I can stand my ground without losing the plot! All the time I was thimking "what's her problem?" I didn't complain, I merely wanted to cofirm that I should fill in a new form. Instead of a couple of minutes to explain and get an abswer, it took 5 mins.. The telephone service is abysmal. It justs rings and eventually goes off. There was no one around when we went in except for these 2 women, one went off somewhere abd I giot the other one!
I never treat anyone in a way that I wouldn't like to be treated, its not my style. Believe me, after visiting customs on numerous occassions when we bought iur car over on exemption, and handing over 71 sheets of A4, for various reasons, along with every tax disc the car had from new, we are well versed with the ways! We ended up with a very good relationship with Katerina, who looked after us personally towards the end of the saga! :lol:
galexinda

Re: Tax office "service"

Post by galexinda »

I usually just go up to the first floor in the Tax Office and knock on the first open door and ask to be directed to the person who can deal with my particular query as the one occasion I went to the staff at the desk on the ground floor I felt I was being 'brushed off'.