Electric Razor

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
DavidatLWH

Re: Electric Razor

Post by DavidatLWH »

Over the years, I've been a Philips devotee, and nothing I do changes that. I have fairly stiff stubble (not quite Desperate Dan stuff). I have tried Braun (useless batteries), Remington (useless, full stop) and Lidl (left me with a rash). I always go back to Philips, having regretted even considering changing make.

Last year I splashed out on a Philips 9000 Prestige series and by far the best shave ever. Not cheap by any means but you can get a deal on Amazon, or Boots at Christmas. It has self-sharpening cutters - not new, but these work better than they used to. So far, after a year of use, I have no regrets whatsoever. The only Philips shaver that ever got this close was the one that had a Nivea cream dispenser built in. Now defunct but that was brilliant.

By the way, I've found over the last five years or so that the Philips "wet and dry" shavers perform best with a foam. A lot less friction. Messy, but good if you've got sensitive skin.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Lidl have a three head shaver on offer this week.
The previous model worked well for me.

A.
AlanGW

Post by AlanGW »

I agree with David, the Philips 9000 series is comfortable to use and gives reasonable results on my moderate beard. In 2010 I bought a Panasonic RF41 which proved expensive on replacement cutters every 8-9 months. I replaced it in 2015 with a Braun 7 series which gave a close shave but left my skin sore. 2 years ago I bought the Philips 9 series wet and dry which I am pleased with.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Grow a beard and stop giving your other halves beard rash! 😂😂
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

£149.99 at the moment on Amazon. I reckon a decent Philips shaver lasts at least 5 years, so that's not bad value.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Electr ... 228&sr=8-4
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

True, Les. But are they good enough to solve the OP's problem?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

If you want to buy from a firm that does not send to Cyprus, then contact http://rsslogistics.com/shipping/

They have a firm in the UK where items can be sent to and they will ship them out here for little cost..
Trev..