Estate agents & documentation required.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Estate agents & documentation required.

Post by Chaddy »

A family member is selling his 2 bed apartment in universal.Could anyone recommend through experience an estate agent ,and what documentation will his solicitor need for the sale.Any advice would be appreciated.
PW in Polemi

Re: Estate agents & documentation required.

Post by PW in Polemi »

Flossie wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:57 am Title Deeds definitely!
Absolutely, and if your friend is not going to be physically present at the Land Registry for exchange, then he will need to appoint somebody to act on his behalf via Power of Attorney, either a trusted friend or his lawyer.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thanks PW & Flossie,,well they tell they have got " full unencumbered title deeds "Is there anything else?
josef k

Post by josef k »

If they are resident here, then the usual passport, yellow slip etc (for both parties if jointly owned). If they pay tax here then they will need a tax clearance certificate to prove their tax affairs are up to date, but the lawyer will sort that out.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thanks ever so much to all of who have replied,but please,anything else.Imparticicular a recommendation for a solicitor or an estate agent.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Ruth Hadfield is a straight forward solicitor
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

We used Ruth Hadfield Hadjiiannou and Cyprus101.com. We found both lawyer and estate agent were very good. It was relatively easy to sell my villa last year. You do need to have all your paperwork available and in good order. It can be more expensive to sell property here as estate agents usually take 5% of sale price as their fee, regardless of how much the sales price is and how much (or little) work they do. You may be able to negotiate a reasonable fee with the solicitor depending how much work is involved.
Dee
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I sold a 2B apartment in a complex last year. Bought sign from Superhome, got my phone number printed by Zonari (looks more professional). Fix to balcony. Within 2 days had ringing of doorbell twice. Within a week sold!! Try it for a month & only then go to an Estate Agent where you'll pay between 3.5 & 5% on the sale price.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would certainly try to sell on my own first... 5% is a big chunk..
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Estate Agents just add their 5% to the selling price so if you want say €100,000 for your property they put it on the market for €105,000. Doesn't cost the seller anything, it's the buyer who pays the Agents fees.

Jim
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

mike strand2 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:47 pm I sold a 2B apartment in a complex last year. Bought sign from Superhome, got my phone number printed by Zonari (looks more professional). Fix to balcony. Within 2 days had ringing of doorbell twice. Within a week sold!! Try it for a month & only then go to an Estate Agent where you'll pay between 3.5 & 5% on the sale price.
Glad you did well Mike,but is,nt an agent more likely to get the price right.Oh dear, the fact that you sold it so quickly could it be possible you underpriced your apartment :shock:
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Chaddy,
Maybe you could ask a couple of estate agents to come and value your apartment first? An estate agent will also give you an idea of prices generally in your area.

Dee