Bank Charges

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
glang3000

Bank Charges

Post by glang3000 »

Hi all,

I am with Alpha bank and visited a branch on Friday to arrange a standing order to pay my new gardener, they informed me they would charge me
6 Euro every time, they suggested I pay by BACs and set me up with an online account that requires a one time password each time,

I thought this was great service but now i have found they will still charge 3 Euro every time plus they charged me 10 Euro for setting it up.

Do other banks charge these fees.

Gary.
WHL

Re: Bank Charges

Post by WHL »

Helenic have told us we will be charged everytime we draw money out, from inside the bank, drawing from the ATM will be free ,
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

MY experience is that BOC charge to draw cash over the counter even in your own bank. They do not charge for ATM transactions or for ATM transactions from other BOC branches.
WHL

Post by WHL »

David Brown wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:20 pm I am with Hellenic and to my knowledge I have not had charges added to my standing orders,however the were set up withe coop which is now owned by Hellenic ,who know which way they will go.
My account was ex coop , this was last week, while waiting in line, a staff member was going up and down the line, telling us, we will be charged for drawing cash out, but if anyone wanted to step outside and use the machine, that would be free, he also said they are working on us being able to make deposits, using the ATM.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Both Hellenic and Bank of Cyprus now charge for in-bank withdrawals but as mentioned above, ATM withdrawals are free. Standing orders/direct debits have always been charged for if they are for a different bank. A one off set up fee and a fee for each transfer. For the same bank to bank there is a one off fee and thereafter free. Most online banking transactions are half the cost of doing them in-branch.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way