Campaign to promote Paphos as domestic tourism destination

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
smudger

Re: Campaign to promote Paphos as domestic tourism destination

Post by smudger »

I'm another who will miss Flossie, she was a mine of information on Cyprus in general and Paphos in particular.
Have to admit myself that I get fed up of some of the know-alls and fools who contribute sometimes, that's public forums I'm afraid.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am yet another that will miss Flossie's posts as they were always so informative.. But I have some understanding of her wanting to leave.
But Like Dominic mentions I wish she had just rested for a while..
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I too will miss Flossie, I enjoyed her posts on PL and previously on CL. It seems that the old timers are being deliberately targeted, why I know not, jealousy ? Who knows. Maybe she'll be back, I hope so.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

WHL wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:03 pm
Flossie wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:59 am This article is about DOMESTIC tourism so it's those who come from Nicosia etc etc!!!
People bringing their dirty laundry ,on holiday with them , as to save a few cents on electricity, nah not buying that,
It happens. And then there are those who gaily throw two or three items of clothing in the machine and run it - not their electricity, not their water, not their concern.
And those from other parts of Cyprus who turn up in their cars, as expected. But with extra guests to sleep on your sofa (note, sofa, not sofabed), and then on departure day, remove all the loo rolls, kitchen paper, bin liners, cling film, herbs, spices, oil, etc etc. Luckily, we always kept spares and never had anybody take the lightbulbs, although we have heard of this happening.

Until you are in the hospitality business, you cannot conceive of some of the things that guests do.😲
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:45 pm I too will miss Flossie, I enjoyed her posts on PL and previously on CL. It seems that the old timers are being deliberately targeted, why I know not, jealousy ? Who knows. Maybe she'll be back, I hope so.
Nobody is being targetted. Flossie chose to leave. She certainly wasn't pushed.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.