Why is this site so popular?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jagwheels

Why is this site so popular?

Post by jagwheels »

Another Paphos forum has been mentioned in a recent post so why do I think PL is more interesting. In two words it is Dominic & the members. I really don't know how you all find the time to publish interesting videos, come up with informative comments & be pro active by popping into threads & contributing from time to time. I call it good management, going the extra mile & sacrificing your time . Thank you
Last edited by jagwheels on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yioula

Re: Why is this site so popular?

Post by Yioula »

It’s an excellent run forum, the members are informative and objective when question are asked .....some members have lived here a very long time well before Cyprus joined the EU and have a wealth of knowledge which is invaluable.
Dominic loves the island and has such an interest in the history which we all thoroughly enjoy in the great blogs ......bravo 👏👏👏
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

A forum is only as good as the people who post on it. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well our passage into Gesy certainly wasn't difficult.. We supplied all the documents needed to our chosen GP and she sent them all to Nicosia.. It did take a few weeks to be accepted, but we are in Gesy now and have used the services..
I am a little surprised that (some of) the private hospitals have not signed up, so if you use their services then the cost can still be expensive ..

But of course the title of the thread is why is this forum so popular... Because it mostly gives out such good information..
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Because it's friendly ! And if some posts are not then there is the pit.
Louise :)
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I use several websites (professional and leisure) and this is one of the best laid out and user-friendly sites I use on a regular basis. I liked Cyprus Living for that reason as the format is similar.

Quoting Dominic above ''A forum is only as good as the people who post on it'' I would like to add that good moderation is equally important to the smooth operation of any forum.

Yes, there are sometimes disagreements, but then so there are in every day life, which would be so boring if we all agreed all the time!
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

I think the folk that post are a nice bunch and have their disputes which are funny at times. But yeah a great forum.