Buildings Insurance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sunbeam

Buildings Insurance

Post by Sunbeam »

Our house insurance in coming up for renewal and we would welcome any recommendations for good alternative companies as the quote seems very expensive. We have never made any claims. The property is used as a holiday home and is unoccupied for quite long periods so the policy would need to reflect this. Our current comprehensive policy covers both buildings and contents but the compulsory contents element is fixed and far greater than the actual amount required. Ideally we would like a policy which just covers the building but the fact that it is left unoccupied seems to be the stumbling block and restricts what’s on offer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Buildings Insurance

Post by Dominic »

Our directory has over a dozen insurance companies listed. Worth phoning around for quotes.

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/category/insurance
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Not sure from your post if you are/will be in Cyprus on the date the policy comes up for renewal but even though we live here year round we always visit at least two other insurance companies to compare quotes when the house and vehicle renewal dates are due and throughout the year keep a note of any one who has had to make a claim to find out if they were satisfied with the outcome.

As Dominic says check out the directory and one company not currently on the list I will be looking at is Status Insurance (Kato Paphos) which has had good reviews on FB over the past year.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

galexinda wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:05 pm Not sure from your post if you are/will be in Cyprus on the date the policy comes up for renewal but even though we live here year round we always visit at least two other insurance companies to compare quotes when the house and vehicle renewal dates are due and throughout the year keep a note of any one who has had to make a claim to find out if they were satisfied with the outcome.

As Dominic says check out the directory and one company not currently on the list I will be looking at is Status Insurance (Kato Paphos) which has had good reviews on FB over the past year.
Thanks I shall get them added.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
darrow

Post by darrow »

We use Status. Our town house on a complex was unoccupied but the building insurance was/is paid jointly by everyone. The contents only was covered by the amount we chose. Approx €40 p.a. We also have our property we live in covered by them, but we haven't had to make a claim. I thought it is reasonable. Includes earthquake cover too.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Can also vouch for Status, we had a broken iPad screen last year that was paid for in no time at all and a water softener wrecked by during a storm last winter that was also dealt with very quickly.