ATM Tala?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
J B

ATM Tala?

Post by J B »

I see that the CoOp ATM under Casa Luna is not there any more.

Where is the nearest one now?
J B
The Aquila

Re: ATM Tala?

Post by The Aquila »

There is one opposite in the Live Sports bar
J B

Post by J B »

The Aquila wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:33 am There is one opposite in the Live Sports bar
Is that one of those that charges a fee??
J B
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I've never used them as I was told that there is a €2.50 charge
David
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

J B wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:28 am
The Aquila wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:33 am There is one opposite in the Live Sports bar
Is that one of those that charges a fee??
It’s one of the yellow ones but I’ve never used one so can’t be sure about the charges.
smudger

Post by smudger »

"The nearest is the now hellenic bank in strombi or the coop opposite what was Carr fore on the polis rd ,both are free to use with a coop card"

For the moment.But the coop cards have to be exchanged for Hellenic cards by October I think.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I think that here is now a new branch of Hellenic in Chloraka.

Dee
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

:D
smudger

Post by smudger »

Oh dear David Brown. Read my post again.
I was simply pointing out that the coop cards need to be changed to Hellenic cards, before October.

Heigh ho, some fell on stony ground🙁
smudger

Post by smudger »

For crying out loud!! I plagiarised nothing., I copied your quote, in quotes!! Then simply added the comment that the Coop card needed to be changed to a Hellenic card. What the hell is your problem??
smudger

Post by smudger »

This is getting ridiculous. I copied your post IN QUOTES!!! Check it, it's there for everyone to see!

Please explain what your problem is. I see absolutely nothing wrong with my post.

Dominic, can you please adjudicate on this as I am at a loss???
smudger

Post by smudger »

My post was a quote. I would not have reproduced it otherwise. I'm at a loss as to why you cannot see it was a quote, I simply copied and printed it in my subsequent post. I can see the quote marks on my post. Why is it such a problem?

Sorry, but I'm not happy to leave this as a matter of disagreement. I copied your post as quoted. Why can you not see that? The quotes are there very clearly. What the devil is the problem?

I have no reason whatsoever to pretend to quote a post of another member, nor did I in this case.
smudger

Post by smudger »

This is a copy of my post. The quotes are clearly there to see.

"The nearest is the now hellenic bank in strombi or the coop opposite what was Carr fore on the polis rd ,both are free to use with a coop card"

For the moment.But the coop cards have to be exchanged for Hellenic cards by October I think.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is the correct way to quote somebody on the forum:
smudger wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 pm This is a copy of my post. The quotes are clearly there to see.

All you need to do is click the quote button above the post. You can then edit the post to remove any text you don't want to quote.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
smudger

Post by smudger »

So what exactly is wrong with my post that David Brown says it's plagiarised? As far as I'm concerned it's a direct copy of what he posted. I realise that this is getting ridiculous, but I've done nothing wrong. I simply and genuinely copied a post which he made. What the dickens is the problem??
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I don't know. Storm in a teacup. Obvious misunderstanding. You quoted him in an unorthodox fashion and he didn't like it. He thought that you were pretending that those were your words I guess.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
smudger

Post by smudger »

May be a storm in a teacup to you Dominic, but I'm basically a very honest person and don't take kindly to being acccused of dishonesty, which David Brown is doing. I copied his post, genuinely, simply to make the point that people needed to be aware of the fact that they needed to change their cards.
I did not plagiarise his post. I may not have used the exact method you have prescribed to copy a post, nevertheless I did copy his post exactly. There was no plagiarism and I greatly resent the accusation. This language is wholly unacceptable and quite distressing.

I'm no wilting flower. I'm 76 years old, led quite a hard life, but always been honest and truthful. I don't take kindly to David Brown accusing me of falsifying posts.i have no reason to do that. It was simply a statement of fact.
J B

Post by J B »

Erm ... I only asked about an ATM - didn't expect world war three!!!
J B
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Fully back smudger. As soon as I read the two comments it was obvious to me.

The two methods of quoting someone else are both equally acceptable ie either click on the relevant icon or copy and paste and include the quoted content within inverted commas.

Please don't let this forum degenerate into a spelling and grammar checking one - far more beneficial to encourage discussion than stifle it and put people off wanting to comment in fear of being ridiculed or humiliated by other forum members.
WHL

Post by WHL »

J B wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:19 am Erm ... I only asked about an ATM - didn't expect world war three!!!
Trouble maker :lol: