Work / Partnership / Suggestion

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Oakland

Work / Partnership / Suggestion

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys
I am looking for ideas of possible joining forces with an individual or
company with investment for work .
Basically I have just come back from working on a Construction of a Golf Course in Asia
doing the Irrigation system , ( Senior Management level ) .
I have worked in Landscape and Irrigation for many years designing Irrigation on Autocad ,
I have also been involved with Pools and Fountains , and Water Transmission systems
for development projects .

I would appreciate any constructive comments or suggestions , and any potential leads , please PM me in confidence

Thanks

Les
Oakland

Re: Work / Partnership / Suggestion

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

Sorry I should have stated I am not interested in a Bar or Restaurant

Thanks

Les
emgee

Post by emgee »

Brits and non-locals only do menial jobs, you need to speak to Cypriots.

Alan
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That's what I thought . What about all the Plumbers, Electricians, Joiners etc etc that are running Successful businesses..
Last edited by trevnhil on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

emgee has always been known to throw the odd 'daft' comment 'into the ring.' I bet he got a good few slaps when he was a kid! 😂

MB
Oakland

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

I was hoping for a positive response , so quite surprised there are no offers or suggestions.

Of course there is always one who is on a different planet , and it emerged here .

But thanks to all for at least reading the post

Les
WHL

Post by WHL »

Oakland wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:56 am Hi Guys

I was hoping for a positive response , so quite surprised there are no offers or suggestions.

Of course there is always one who is on a different planet , and it emerged here .

But thanks to all for at least reading the post

Les
I think your asking in the wrong place, the majority of people on here are pensioners, and I doubt most of them would be interested in Business partnerships, as for emgee's suggestion, that you will have more luck seeking out Cypriots for business partnerships, that is the most sensible post so far, disregard the usual mockers on here. the majority of commerce here in Cyprus in done by Cypriots, and if your serious then that's where you should be looking. on a side note, before Cyprus entered the EU, Aliens needed a Cypriot Partner, to be able to have a business here, with Brexit on the horizon no one knows what that will mean for expats wanting to work here.
Last edited by WHL on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:42 pm That's what I thought . What about all the Plumbers, Electricians, Joiners etc etc that are running Successful businesses..
Trev the majority of the people , that you mention are one man bands, who I doubt would be interested in bringing in a partner?
kansas

Post by kansas »

Try Ask Anything Paphos on FB
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

WHL My reply was to Alan's ridiculous post ..." Brits and non-locals only do menial jobs, you need to speak to Cypriots."
Trev..
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

There is a company astiko-prasino who does irrigation work but primary they are landscape design company
it might be worth having a look at their website.......https://www.astiko-prasino.com/irrigati ... nstalation
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

There are some Facebook groups for help. One is “Cyprus Entrepreneurs and Digital Nomads” - which by its name, indicates it’s focus.

Based onYour experience, I’d perhaps investigate any large projects, such as golf-course design - which I am not aware of any new ones planned in Cyprus.
emgee

Post by emgee »

If you read his post, Oakland is looking for a Senior Management Level job and investment opportunities, not a tradesman based one.

The local tradesmen all do very good jobs but not what Oakland is looking for.

Alan
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:49 pm If this thread proves nothing else it does prove this forum is far more active than PP. On that forum the same poster only got (so far) 102 viewings and no responses at all! :shock:
I look in on PP from time to time and it is almost dead
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:19 pm
Austin7 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:49 pm If this thread proves nothing else it does prove this forum is far more active than PP. On that forum the same poster only got (so far) 102 viewings and no responses at all! :shock:
I look in on PP from time to time and it is almost dead
I do enjoy reading posts from Geoffrey, who has morphed himself into an Israeli citizen.
Oakland

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

Must admit the response , although not as I hoped has been more beneficial in terms of participation from the forum than on PP.

Keep it up guys , everyone appreciates a response whether it be positive or negative

Thanks

Les
WHL

Post by WHL »

Oakland wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:34 pm Hi Guys

Must admit the response , although not as I hoped has been more beneficial in terms of participation from the forum than on PP.

Keep it up guys , everyone appreciates a response whether it be positive or negative

Thanks

Les
https://www.cyban.com.cy/en/home
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I would also recommend FB as you will reach people all over the Republic of Cyprus, rather than those in the Paphos area, unless this is the particular area you wish to target. Limassol and the Eastern part of the island are perhaps more the areas for the big money and bigger projects in your particular field of expertise - from my limited knowledge on the matter and I must admit that most of the content of your original post went over my head!