‘No more hiding behind bushes’ for traffic police

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

‘No more hiding behind bushes’ for traffic police

Post by memory man »

This will please some! ;)

Traffic police will no longer hide behind bushes to catch offending drivers, in line with instructions from their new head, Phileleftheros reported on Tuesday.

It said that Yiannis Georgiou, the new chief of the traffic unit at police headquarter had told a meeting with district traffic police heads that the presence of traffic police on the roads should be ‘evident’, with no officers hiding behind trees and bushes.

Drivers should be aware of the presence of police officers on the roads and know that they could be subject to checks at any time, he said.

Traffic heads were also asked to focus on black spots and on stretches where drivers tend to speed. Traffic police officers will no longer stand at spots where the speed limit suddenly changes so as to ‘trap’ drivers but instead some 500 metres away from where the limit changes, Phileleftheros added.

Instructions were also given to focus on the secondary road network, while traffic police have been told not to pursue young motorists found to be breaking traffic regulations through the streets, but instead to take down their registration numbers and seek them out later.

A new meeting will be held today.

https://in-cyprus.com/no-more-hiding-be ... ic-police/
trevnhil

Re: ‘No more hiding behind bushes’ for traffic police

Post by trevnhil »

Hmmmm.. They will be wanting them to wear Hi Viz jackets next instead of black clothing.. ;-)
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:04 pm Hmmmm.. They will be wanting them to wear Hi Viz jackets next instead of black clothing.. ;-)
And they would still catch speeders!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Better than South Africa where the traffic police would step out in front of the vehicle caught speeding on radar - even on the highways!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Well, the traffic cop who caught me speeding back in March, on the road from Letymbou to Tsada, on the flat section just before the descent into Tsada outskirts, was parked at right angles to the road and hidden from my view by the car he had stopped just before stopping me....
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Flossie wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:35 am Oh David Brown back from your holidays then and still feeling like you're being persecuted?!
So in your opinion, David Brown is being persecuted when he explains what happened to him, but when I explained what happened to me, I am not? Methinks you have a grudge against David Brown....
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It is perhaps worth pointing out that wherever David Brown was when he was wrongfully stopped, it clearly wasn't in Paphos.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
boycott

Post by boycott »

It appears that the no hiding memo from the new chief of the traffic police has not reached the fine officers of Limassol, still hiding in their usual positions around sunny Limassol and not concentrating on accident black spots.
Anyone know how to access the info where accident black spots are?