Delays in air traffic over German and Austrian airspace

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Delays in air traffic over German and Austrian airspace

Post by Kili01 »

I’m presently sitting waiting to leave Paphos Airport. Our EJ flight is delayed due to severe thunderstorms over Germany and Austria, so flight restrictions are in place. We are currently over an hour late in leaving. Our flights’ Captain made the announcement when all on board. So anyone flying to or expecting to meet anyone travelling this evening better check what the situation is first.
Dee
smudger

Re: Delays in air traffic over German and Austrian airspace

Post by smudger »

Useful knowledge for anyone travelling to the Uk today Dee. Is there any other way to get to the UK wiithout overpassing Germany and Austria???

Just checked the departure board online, no delays posted so far.
Carol44

Post by Carol44 »

Just been on to, lighteningmap.org and yes, unfortunately there seems to be a 'strip' of lightening across Germany and surrounding areas. Hope it clears soon for passengers awaiting flights.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I wonder just how long flights can be delayed leaving Paphos, before the flight crew have not enough time left to complete the journey :-(
Trev..
smudger

Post by smudger »

I've been on a few flights where several crews from other airlines were on board, ready to board flights out of Cyprus. So no idea why they were on board, but clearly possible to move crews around wherever needed, even using other airlines. I've also seen them performing some crew duties!!