Wall-to-wall sunshine, but...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Wall-to-wall sunshine, but...

Post by Devil »

It looks like this week is going to be sunny, with moderate temperatures for the time of year. However, it looks like it will be intermittently quite breezy, even at night, Thursday excepted, so it may be a good idea to up the irrigation a notch and check on pool/pond levels.
2019-06-30_134612.jpg
2019-06-30_134612.jpg (238.58 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Wall-to-wall sunshine, but...

Post by Dominic »

We disabled our irrigation system soon after we moved here. We decided to concentrate on plants that can survive in natural Polemi conditions.

Some of the weeds positively thrive. I did experiment with different grass types, as the typical Cypriot grass looks nice but isn't that nice to sit on. However, if you use the grass seed more associated with the UK, it will grow fine but get scorched very quickly in the heat. Plus, the bastard ANTS will nick the sodding seeds you sow, making all the netting you put up pointless. And then when you remove the netting, and find a sparrow that is trapped, and manage to free it by carefully cutting it out, what does it do? I'll tell you what it does. As a parting jesture before flying off, it turns round and pecks one of your fingers. That's what it does. And don't get me started on the swallows...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PW in Polemi

Re: Wall-to-wall sunshine, but...

Post by PW in Polemi »

Could have been worse, Dominic. It could have pooped on you too! 😂😂😂
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol: