Old Pafos in 2019 - Part 1

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Old Pafos in 2019 - Part 1

Post by Dominic »

It's a year since we had a proper look around Old Town, so we thought another blog was due. We won't be revisiting every place we visited in the previous blogs. Instead we will be focusing on new additions and places we missed last year. Even so, we took nearly 100 pictures for this blog, so we have split it in two. Part 2 will be published on monday.

Read the article and chat about it below...

old-pafos-2019-part-1_masthead.jpg
old-pafos-2019-part-1_masthead.jpg (148.92 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
josef k

Re: Old Pafos in 2019 - Part 1

Post by josef k »

Great photos. I'm pleased to say I know all the locations bar 3, so will be investigating those in the coming days.

For info, the fish shop shown doesn't do any form of haddock I'm afraid, or any smoked fish at all. It does wet fish as liked by the Cypriot consumers (bream and bass for example). We get our fish from there. Very fresh and a decent price.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Fabulous photos Ktima is looking good

That bar was open about 5/6 years ago I remember passing by and through that alley way on the way to Muse for a late lunch
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I think locals do not refer to Pano Pafos as the 'old town', as the ancient (Old) part of the town is Kato Pafos. I think it must have got it's label as 'Old' by the Brits!

The area has certainly got a cleaner look about it. However, one obvious comment that one can make is that the new paving paid no regard to disability, there being steps into virtually every shop! Some are still making do with pallets and breeze blocks.

Made the mistake of attempting to use the original lift from the lower car park to go to the market; it's not working & looks to be abandoned! Not good for the restaurants/cafes opposite! I wonder when the well publicised renovation of the indoor market will take place, as its really shabby! Yes, I know, Rome wasn't built in a day ;)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well the tourist board call it Old Town, and google maps call it Old Town, so that's what I call it. Given that the aim of the blogs is to get people to visit, and they may use a map to do so, it makes sense to use the same names.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.