Where to submit completed EHIC forms?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Where to submit completed EHIC forms?

Post by kansas »

Does anyone know to which local office you submit completed EHIC card forms?

The documentation accompanying the form states either the state hospital or the Ministry of Health, but this information could be out of date.

Thanks in advance
WHL

Re: Where to submit completed EHIC forms?

Post by WHL »

kansas wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:49 am Does anyone know to which local office you submit completed EHIC card forms?

The documentation accompanying the form states either the state hospital or the Ministry of Health, but this information could be out of date.

Thanks in advance
Citizen office
daveg

Post by daveg »

Can someone please clarify EHIC, being from the UK, do you apply to the UK for EHIC? Even though you are resident here....
Went on UK site and it seems to imply that ,providing you qualify ( state pension) then you get it from the UK, but only valid until 31st October.......BREXIT day....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We are going to apply for an EHIC card from Cyprus at the citizens centre.. But we do wonder if it will cover travel to the UK After Brexit ???
Trev..
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I understand the plan is for EHIC to stop I. The U.K., as it wasn’t in May’s agreement nor obviously a no-deal. Also, UK ex-pats resident abroad will not be eligible for free U.K. NHS treatment, post brexit.
WHL

Post by WHL »

My understanding is you apply in the country you are resident in.
daveg

Post by daveg »

But as the UK picks up the bill, I can't see Cyprus stepping in after BREXIT....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

They are issued here now if you have joined Gesy..
Trev..
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

The EHIC is valid in all European Economic Area (EEA) countries, including Switzerland. As Britain will no longer be a member of the EU or EEA after Brexit - it will not be part of the EHIC system. So no free healthcare in the UK unless they come up with some other agreement to replace it.

EHIC cards for working residents in Cyprus can be obtained from the Citizen Service Centres. EHIC cards for EU retirees (S1 holders) were supplied by the country paying the pension but this may have changed under GESY (as Trev also says). The Health minister did recently announce that everyone registered under GESY will be entitled to an EHIC card. A call by one of the offices will confirm this.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I did take my Gesy registration to the Citizens desk at the post office to ask about an EHIC card. But they said to go to the main Citizens centre
Trev..
kansas

Post by kansas »

Just returned from the Citizen's Centre where I was advised that our applications could not be accepted. Apparently their current instructions are that holders of Cyprus medical cards with E121 after the name (i.e. S1 holders) cannot be issued with Cyprus EHIC cards. I was advised to continue to use my UK EHIC card and to check with the Citizen's Centre again closer to the Brexit date.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And yet the Government Blurb about Gesy, says that holders of a Gesy certificate will be eligible for a Cyprus EHIC card..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm And yet the Government Blurb about Gesy, says that holders of a Gesy certificate will be eligible for a Cyprus EHIC card..
I think this is for Cypriot Citizens, this will rumble on for Expats, until we know the details of Brexit,
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Thank you Kansas for the update. WHL the ones issued here remain as before - for Cypriot pensioners and all other citizens under retirement age.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Yes, I have read on various FB groups that people who are currently issued an EHIC from the UK due to S1/E121 status must continue to apply there for a new EHIC or to renew existing EHIC.

Similarly the Benficiary amount of €75 for Low Paid Pensioners only applies to those who receive the Cyprus Pension - received confirmation email from GESY earlier this week as I hoped my future UK state pension payment being less than €500 per month would make me fall into this category.