Clipping dogs nails

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Reesy

Clipping dogs nails

Post by Reesy »

Our dog is slipping more than usual on our tiles...I wonder if having her nails clipped might help..having no knowledge of clipping , does anyone have any experience or information that would help...many thanks in advance
trevnhil

Re: Clipping dogs nails

Post by trevnhil »

We have our dogs nails clipped every few months at K9 on the main road through Chloraka. No appointment is needed and the cost is €5.. It is a couple of doors away from the pet shop with the big Elephant outside.. They are probably listed on the internet.
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

If you should happen to visit the vets, they will do them too. If you are in for some other reason, and ask, our vet doesn't charge. I do my dogs myself but you do need to know what you are doing.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Reesy.....is your dog old ? if so, you need to put down runners on hard flooring as their balance sometimes due to less mobility in their backs more so in Med/Lge dogs cannot cope as their is no grip, keeping their nails clipped also helps
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

If your dog is big and old (like our pointer) their nails can be very hard and almost impossible to clip. We invested in a Dremel drill/grinder, which does the job quite effectively. But you do have to be patient 'cos the dog doesn't like the smell or the noise! However, with patience, the end result is very good. Remember that the grinding action builds up heat, so do it in short spells on each nail.