Traffic chaos on B6 between Achelia and Geroskipou. Motorway Closed

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Anarita John

Traffic chaos on B6 between Achelia and Geroskipou. Motorway Closed

Post by Anarita John »

Took us nearly an hour to get into Paphos this morning. Couldn't get on motorway at Ayia Vavara so had to go to the airport road, B6. Crawled through Achelia,and was at a standstill for most of the time. Police were diverting traffic off the motorway and down to the B6 past the cement works. Policeman on point duty seemed to be giving the motorway traffic coming onto the B6 preference.

Did not go through Geroskipou as planned but used new airport road and TOTK Road to get to Chloraka. On the way back we saw that the opposite carriageway was being resurfaced.
Ams

Re: Traffic chaos on B6 between Achelia and Geroskipou. Motorway Closed

Post by Ams »

Me too. I was on the motorway from Anarita, and had to turn off at the Koloni exit and join the B-road from there. It took almost half an hour to get from the motorway exit onto the B-road. There were no police on b-road at the time (8.30-9), so traffic was flowing along that road making it hard for the traffic from the motorway to pull out, causing the back up there.

I was over half an hour late for my appointment. I am glad I am working from home tomorrow! Though, have to say, in all the years I've been living here this is the first time I've been stuck in traffic like this driving into work.

I was later amused by how Google translated a Pafos Press headline on the story - "COMES NOW: Unbelievable suffering at the entrance of Paphos" :lol: :lol: