Doctors overloaded weeks after Gesy launch

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Doctors overloaded weeks after Gesy launch

Post by WHL » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:16 am

Flossie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:42 am
Dominic wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 am
That's why those buffets have such small plates.

Fancy a showbiz story? I know you do so here goes...

My wife once ran a bridal shop in the UK. One of the customers wanted her to attend her party, so she could do any stitching in emergencies. My wife politely declined, as it would mean being away from me and our daughter all weekend. So the lady said that she could bring us to the party too.

The party was in Dubai. We were flown out there along with 200 or so other guests, and put up in a nice posh hotel. We had a lovely time.

Anyway, come the night of the party, we see there are some showbiz guests, including Shane "Two Plates" Richie and a bloke from Game of Thrones, who's name escapes me. I was shocked to observe that Shane "Two Plates" Richie handled the small-plate-buffet-dilemma by carrying not one, but, wait for it, TWO PLATES!

Yes, he had the showbiz front to waltz up to the buffet and get two plates of expensive nosebag. And I double-checked. He wasn't getting a plate for his dear old Mum or something like that, they were both for him.

This is how Shane "Two Plates" Richie got his nickname, though it doesn't seem to have caught on yet.

Cypriots at buffets are a law unto themselves especially at weddings! I regularly see adults returning to their tables whilst balancing 2 large heavily laden plates of food - for themselves! This is repeated when they've only eaten half of it and decide it's pudding time... :lol:

No wonder so many experienced die hards are seen leaving with 'doggy bags'?!!! :roll:
Only Cypriots, your having a laugh, I go on many cruises, which are predominantly Brits, they would get Gold if it was an Olympic Sport, little old ladies, who back home would have a boiled egg and a slice of toast for lunch, heap their plates so high they need the waiters to carry their plates back to the table for them, then after a few bites, leave the rest for waste :roll:

Varky

Post by Varky » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:28 am

Don't forget that doctors salaries are based upon how many signed up 'clients' they have up to a maximum of 2,500. I would assume that from their salary they might have to pay office/receptionist's costs. So if they have the full complement of 'clients' and maximum salary, those particular doctors are certainly going to have a full schedule and a longer waiting list.

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:35 am

I have also read somewhere (no I have no link) that they get €10 for doing the actual signing up of a patient..
Trev..

WHL

Post by WHL » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:00 pm

The GPs in the UK get @£150 a year for each patient on their books, I doubt if the GPs here get anything remotely near that figure

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... oks-report

Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:06 am

Cyprus Mail did an article on doctors pay a few months back .

“Current earnings of state doctors amount to €65,000 annually. Additionally, under Gesy terms they will receive €10 per year for each registered patient, so if a doctor has 1,300 patients annual income will rise to €78,000.

According to the proposal by the Health Insurance Organisation (HIO) under Gesy GPs with 1,300 registered patients will make €135,000 annually.”

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/02/05/hosp ... -practice/

mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:15 pm

I had to go back to see my PD (without making an appointment) today as I was about to run out of my 100mg Losar tabs. He was tearing his hair out about GESY. The Pharmacist told me they'd had no training and were just expected to learn as they went along!

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:54 am

It is a big big change for everyone including doctors , pharmacists , and patients as well don't forget ...
But the people running Gesy seem to be very good at answering Patients queries.. I had a phone call from them last night at 8 o'clock ... The first thing I was asked was if it was OK to talk to me at that time of night... The lady answered my query over the phone extremely well..
The question I had posed in an email, was what income made a pensioner a 'low paid pensioner', therefore making them eligible for a €75 maximum payment.. Apparently it is €500 per month..
Trev..

galexinda

Post by galexinda » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:52 am

Indeed a huge change for the whole structure of the health service. Thank you for the information ''what income made a pensioner a 'low paid pensioner', therefore making them eligible for a €75 maximum payment. Apparently it is €500 per month''. That will be another benefit when I do eventually get my UK State Pension (every little helps).