Doctors overloaded weeks after Gesy launch

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Doctors overloaded weeks after Gesy launch

Post by trevnhil »

I have also read somewhere (no I have no link) that they get €10 for doing the actual signing up of a patient..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

The GPs in the UK get @£150 a year for each patient on their books, I doubt if the GPs here get anything remotely near that figure

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... oks-report
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Cyprus Mail did an article on doctors pay a few months back .

“Current earnings of state doctors amount to €65,000 annually. Additionally, under Gesy terms they will receive €10 per year for each registered patient, so if a doctor has 1,300 patients annual income will rise to €78,000.

According to the proposal by the Health Insurance Organisation (HIO) under Gesy GPs with 1,300 registered patients will make €135,000 annually.”

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/02/05/hosp ... -practice/
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I had to go back to see my PD (without making an appointment) today as I was about to run out of my 100mg Losar tabs. He was tearing his hair out about GESY. The Pharmacist told me they'd had no training and were just expected to learn as they went along!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is a big big change for everyone including doctors , pharmacists , and patients as well don't forget ...
But the people running Gesy seem to be very good at answering Patients queries.. I had a phone call from them last night at 8 o'clock ... The first thing I was asked was if it was OK to talk to me at that time of night... The lady answered my query over the phone extremely well..
The question I had posed in an email, was what income made a pensioner a 'low paid pensioner', therefore making them eligible for a €75 maximum payment.. Apparently it is €500 per month..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Indeed a huge change for the whole structure of the health service. Thank you for the information ''what income made a pensioner a 'low paid pensioner', therefore making them eligible for a €75 maximum payment. Apparently it is €500 per month''. That will be another benefit when I do eventually get my UK State Pension (every little helps).