Some meds for chronic diseases not available

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Some meds for chronic diseases not available

Post by WHL »

JimX wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:06 pm WHL post, Jeba before you came to live in Cyprus, did you find out if you could get your medications in Cyprus, If you found out they were not available here, what provision did you make to obtain them? from elsewhere.

WHL what if your medical problem came along after you had moved out here 20 years ago? this situation cannot go on, many will suffer long term damage to their health, and yes this could easily be you, if the correct drugs are unavailable or as is now very low supplies then unfortunately many of us will have a major problem, this new system may be better for us all but it has to run properly NOW!!
I was asking Jeba who moved in recently, no point in debating with you because your a doom and gloom merchant,
The Gesy NHS hasn't been in operation for three weeks and the best you can come out with is,
Couldn't run a piss up in a brewery, you didn have a good word to say about the Hospital, so why would you have any positive thing to say now
so to answer your question go buy your meds like the rest of us do
JimX

Post by JimX »

I am a doom and gloom merchant :lol: good god what does that make you? brewery comment was about GESY and it's woes not the General I have only ever used GPs there, I certainly hope GESY gets its act together as most older expats cannot afford private health care, but this system is just not holding up and it could leave many here in a very bad situation, obviously you care nothing for these folks.

I will be the first to sing GESY praise if it ever get going properly. I have registered.

Finally how can you buy Meds that are just not available, perhaps you have another wonderful answer.
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

JimX wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:39 pm I am a doom and gloom merchant :lol: good god what does that make you? brewery comment was about GESY and it's woes not the General I have only ever used GPs there, I certainly hope GESY gets its act together as most older expats cannot afford private health care, but this system is just not holding up and it could leave many here in a very bad situation, obviously you care nothing for these folks.
Absolutely correct JimX. My Pharmacy cannot supply some of the VITAL meds on my prescription, and 10 days after the date issued would mean she cannot let me have them as the prescription has 'expired'. Go back to Dr for a fresh prescription says she! She says that the Dr doesn't have access to the med availability when writing the scrip! Surely that must change as it's wasting everyone's time!

Also, the Pharmacist isn't able to give an equivalent med as they will only be paid for the med on the scrip.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am due for more tablets for my heart condition next week. So I will ring for an appointment to our GP and see if I can get a prescription... Then I will see what happens at the Pharmacy :-)
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Best to phone tomorrow (Monday) to make an appointment. No idea who you are registered with trevnhil, but last week there were one or two comments on FB from people unable to get an appointment with their PD until July (eg Evangelismos). Others have been told by their PD to just turn up and wait and yes, they were seen!