Traffic offences in May topped 25,000

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Traffic offences in May topped 25,000

Post by Paphos Life »

Over 25,000 drivers were booked for traffic offences in May, police spokesman Andreas Angelides said on Monday while stressing that police campaigns are not enough to keep people safe.During the month, 12,381 people were booked for speeding, and an additional 12,669 committed other offences.???These figures are certainly higher than before,??? he said....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Traffic offences in May topped 25,000

Post by Kili01 »

I’m glad that the police are doing something to punish offenders when they’re caught. But why haven’t the speed cameras arrived? At one time they were supposed to have been ordered, I thought. When there are speed cameras at the traffic lights, as well as at accident black spots, the common practice of jumping traffic lights when they are red which must be a potential cause of accidents, might be less.. But the police can’t be everywhere at once. In fact I usually only see them on the motorway, hiding under bridges with speed guns. There should be more police around the town, and yes, motorists should drive more responsibly. Slow down, as a taxi driver said to me, no need to hurry! Nowhere is very far away, especially in Paphos...
Dee
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

A taxi driver going slow ??? one in a thousand.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I’ve found more than one taxi driver who drives carefully and doesn’t give me a white knuckle ride!

Dee