Help for some Pissouri homeowners but no compensation says minister

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Help for some Pissouri homeowners but no compensation says minister

Post by Paphos Life »

The government on Monday pledged ad hoc financial assistance to residents of Pissouri whose properties are damaged by the unstable ground there, but stressed that this was not compensation per se.During a discussion in parliament, interior minister Constandinos Petrides said an amount would be disbursed to the affected homeowners in the form of "humanitarian assistance"....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Help for some Pissouri homeowners but no compensation says minister

Post by Kili01 »

Shabby treatment from the CY Govt which is still trying to evade any responsibility for giving permission for houses to be built in an area known to be unstable.
By offering something to a percentage of the home owners faced with the destruction of their homes, CY Govt including the dept responsible must hope to deflect adverse public attention from themselves. They must hope that by dividing the claimants the whole thing esp the public show of discontent will die down.
But to me it still reflects this Govts uncaring attitude to taking responsibility for anything that has been done by them as a result of their mistakes or negligence in the past.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

In my opinion by the Govt offering any financial assistance = Admission of guilt. I would suspect any decent lawyer will jump on this with a vengeance.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:25 pm Shabby treatment from the CY Govt which is still trying to evade any responsibility for giving permission for houses to be built in an area known to be unstable.
By offering something to a percentage of the home owners faced with the destruction of their homes, CY Govt including the dept responsible must hope to deflect adverse public attention from themselves. They must hope that by dividing the claimants the whole thing esp the public show of discontent will die down.
But to me it still reflects this Govts uncaring attitude to taking responsibility for anything that has been done by them as a result of their mistakes or negligence in the past.
Where did the CY Government give permission for building there, surely its the local authority that grants planning permission?.