Two highlights for me today: Fish Lunch and football....

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Two highlights for me today: Fish Lunch and football....

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Well, Summer is here now and my favourite Fish Tavern at Timi Beach started today serving at the beachside. I went there early in case it gets too busy, but this was not the case as for some Cypriots it was not warm enough to sit near the sea :roll:

They reserved for me a nice "haratzia" which is the brother of Sorgos (kind of sea bream), the meat a bit more soft and ever so tasty and I am so glad to sit again near the sea instead of indoors...

I already finished my huge village salad with extra garlic, village bread and marinated olives (tzakistes) when the main dish arrived...
A 400 gr proper fish, which was not even in the cooling as it was caught just 1 hour earlier.

and as it is so fresh I always ask to chef to prepare it rather more undercooked than too long. One can see here how I like it...

Instead of full dessert I ordered only Greek coffee and Mahalebi (Middle East type pudding) fresh made from the owner.

I was quite full up after all of that and enjoyed another 1/2 hour at my table the nice views to the sea, here towards Aphrodite's rock..

and the other direction towards the airport, while a few people were already having a swim..

Tonight at 10 PM my next highlight will be the final football match of the Champions League: the Reds against the Spurs (my private bet: 3-1)! and I can't wait to enjoy the match with a few Whisky-Bitter Lemon......

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Two highlights for me today: Fish Lunch and football....

Post by Dominic »

The real winner will be football.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Enjoy Max, enjoy. May the best one win.
Louise :)
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

I’ve no interest in football .......but that fish looks so fresh and delicious, the chips looks rather good as well, what’s puzzling is why some tavernas/restaurant serve frozen chips when the Cypriot potatoes makes the best chips 😁
WHL

Post by WHL »

Yioula wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:29 pm I’ve no interest in football .......but that fish looks so fresh and delicious, the chips looks rather good as well, what’s puzzling is why some tavernas/restaurant serve frozen chips when the Cypriot potatoes makes the best chips 😁
Easier for them .. personally i will only eat real chips.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

WHL .......I couldn’t agree more
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:04 pm The real winner will be football.
Not really, I was much more satisfied with my fish lunch than with the match. Rather boring in the first half with a kind of " kick and rush", only 50% of the passes found team-mates and I saw only 2 half chances through long-range shots, Firmino was a complete failure. Only end of second half was a bit more interesting, but "Son's" shots were too lax. Altogether for me a disappointing game. What a difference to the match when Liverpool eliminated Barcelona in the previous rounds....

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Yioula wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:29 pm I’ve no interest in football .......but that fish looks so fresh and delicious, the chips looks rather good as well, what’s puzzling is why some tavernas/restaurant serve frozen chips when the Cypriot potatoes makes the best chips 😁
That are their own potatoes for the chips, which they grow right behind their tavern with three harvests per year. But not only that. In their garden they have also lemon trees as well as olive trees and for the salads they grow even celery behind the house.
I like the chips more brown as they were this time, but you cannot have it all. Due to the fact that I want my fish not overcooked the oil was not hot enough obviously...

Max