Diatomaceous Earth

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ashlep

Diatomaceous Earth

Post by ashlep »

Does anyone know where I can buy Diatomaceous Earth?
Thank you in advance!
ashlep

Re: Diatomaceous Earth

Post by ashlep »

Thank you, I'll try a garden centre 👍
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I have it for sale, its food grade, suitable for both human and animal consumption. Let me know if you'd like some.
ashlep

Post by ashlep »

Jimgym wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 am I have it for sale, its food grade, suitable for both human and animal consumption. Let me know if you'd like some.

Thank you, I am looking for the kind that isn't food grade though. :)
WHL

Post by WHL »

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is this used for?
ashlep

Post by ashlep »

Flossie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:33 am Search on here and you'll find the explanation posted a few days ago but I use it to keep my cats tick/flea free either by mixing with their wet food or sprinkling on their fur like fairy dust so they ingest it when grooming!
Yes, that's what we want it for. We've got a bit of a tick problem out here in the countryside and want to keep them off our dog (I even found one crawling on me one night :cry: ). Thank you for the tips! :)
darrow

Post by darrow »

ashlep wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:38 pm
Flossie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:33 am Search on here and you'll find the explanation posted a few days ago but I use it to keep my cats tick/flea free either by mixing with their wet food or sprinkling on their fur like fairy dust so they ingest it when grooming!
Yes, that's what we want it for. We've got a bit of a tick problem out here in the countryside and want to keep them off our dog (I even found one crawling on me one night :cry: ). Thank you for the tips! :)
I wouldn't use anything but human/food grade on animal coats. If they groom themselves it could be harmful. The other stuff is used in swimming pools and agricultural use. According to the internet, Lambrou on Mesogi Ave have it., near Wilkinson? cake shop? I have been using it for years and get mine shipped 25kg from Natural Supplies, formerly Diatom, in U.K., it lasts a long time!
darrow

Post by darrow »

ashlep wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:38 pm
I wouldn't use anything but human/food grade on animal coats. If they groom themselves it could be harmful. The other stuff is used in swimming pools and agricultural use. According to the internet, Lambrou on Mesogi Ave have it., near Wilkinson? cake shop? I have been using it for years and get mine shipped 25kg from Natural Supplies, formerly Diatom, in U.K., it lasts a long time!
Carofline

Post by Carofline »

Jimgym wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 am I have it for sale, its food grade, suitable for both human and animal consumption. Let me know if you'd like some.
Hello Jimgym, do you still have the food grade Diatomaceous Earth for sale? I am interested, how can I reach you? Thanks!