Help needed re-bills

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sashascot

Help needed re-bills

Post by Sashascot »

I live in Chlorakas and moved here in 2008. My wife passed away 3days ago. When the really helpful people arranging the funeral went to communal office, they only had me living here since 2014 .l have lived in three rental properties in Chlorakas so they were asked to look back their records to 2008. They said that they can only go back 5years and I would need to produce paper evidence to prove what I was saying. They were told that I do not have a Cyprus bank account and have not kept utility bills for 11 years.I wondered if anyone knew if the electricity company would help me. The cost of a burial plot is 1000 euros if resident in Chlorakas for 10 years and 1500 euros if less than that .Any help at this time would be greatly appreciated .
Galini

Re: Help needed re-bills

Post by Galini »

If you are registered in Cyprus for tax then the Tax office may be able to get you copies of your tax returns going back for more than 5 years or they can be accessed online. Tax Returns show your residential address.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have sent you a private message Sashascot.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Your electricity board should also have a record of the deposit that you would have originally paid so ask for that too! Unfortunately, I know from experience, all these problems arise when you least want them! Much later on, when you have adjusted a little more, you might realise, as I did, that being driven mad by problems and being kept constantly busy was actually, in a bizarre way, helpful because you don't have time to dwell too much on the reality and enormity of what has happened! Very sorry for your loss. I hope you manage to get everything sorted out satisfactorily.
emgee

Post by emgee »

My wife passed away last July and I concur what darrow has written. I have found organisations to be very helpful initially but getting premium Bonds and Shares in joint name is not easy as you may need a UK Grant of Representation to get them signed over to you even though, like us, we had "mirror" Wills.

If I can help you in any way, please pm me with your phone number and perhaps we can meet, maybe even with darrow in a bar somewhere for a chat. I live in Pegeia.

Respectfully, please remember: Where there's a Will theres a …………………………..relative.

Best wishes

Alan