Initial List of Pharmaceuticals Available

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Initial List of Pharmaceuticals Available

Post by galexinda »

The Health Insurance Organisation has published the provisional list of pharmaceuticals that will be available under the General Health Scheme (GHS) the first phase of which will be implemented on June 1.

There are currently more than 1000 pharmaceuticals on the list and will be updated once pharmaceutical companies inform the HIO that they can make other medicine available.

Please read full article and use link for further details.

https://in-cyprus.com/initial-list-of-p ... 3O34OwmvLs
Reesy

Re: Initial List of Pharmaceuticals Available

Post by Reesy »

With the risk of looking stupid...is this list in any order?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

There's no list of Pharmacies, just medicines!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Reesy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 pm With the risk of looking stupid...is this list in any order?
Usually the list is in Excel, but this one is a Pdf, so very difficult to use I think.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

mike strand2 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:14 pm Usually the list is in Excel, but this one is a Pdf, so very difficult to use I think.
Not really - Ctrl-F will bring up a search window (as it does in most Windows applications)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Strangely and Annoyingly The list is NOT in Alphabetical order :-(
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

trevnhil wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 pm Strangely and Annoyingly The list is NOT in Alphabetical order :-(
Trev, you didn't say "and not unsurprisingly" :x
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:18 pm
mike strand2 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:11 pmThere's no list of Pharmacies, just medicines!

But it is a list of pharmaceuticals - not pharmacies ;)
Stupid me! I'd just emailed GESY asking where the list of Pharmacies could be found just before opening the Forum! It's all very well letting us know what drugs we can have, but where from?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

What blood thinning tablet do you take ? Does it have side effects , I suppose most of them do .

I had a heart bypass 15 years ago , so have to take a collection of tablets . The doctors always tell me to take aspirin for blood thinning , but I find they make me bleed a lot , I have tried different types , low dose , coated all have the same effect so I don’t take any .
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Mrblobby wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 am What blood thinning tablet do you take ? Does it have side effects , I suppose most of them do .

I had a heart bypass 15 years ago , so have to take a collection of tablets . The doctors always tell me to take aspirin for blood thinning , but I find they make me bleed a lot , I have tried different types , low dose , coated all have the same effect so I don’t take any .
I take Apixaban, may not suit you. Expensive as 88 euros a month .
Lefkes.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

All of the drug / brand names are in English. Export the file into excel or numbers and you can sort, filter or search very easily.

Ian
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Does anyone know what is happening to the pharmacists who worked in the hospital pharmacy?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I think that we will have to wait for more detailed information. So far I have established that my nominated GP and local pharmacy have both joined the scheme...
I also read in the local newspaper that not all the normal meds are included in the first list which has been published. Presumably as more meds are obtained from suppliers they will be added to the list. It seems that there will be ‘teething’ problems while the new GESY system is being set up.

Dee