Cypriot sun and your skin.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Cypriot sun and your skin.

Post by Chaddy »

On a recent trip to another sunny country we got into a conversation with a lady who lived there.She claimed to be 68 years old and to us she could have got way with saying she was 35ish.Ofcourse it begged the question how did she look so young for her...well...chronological age.
She said it was easy,it took no time at all and better still cost nowt...We couldn't wait for her to explain (like you are now ) and here it is...….Eat a banana every day then rub the inside of the peel thoroughly all over you face and kneck.One hour rinse off.
Was she spinning us a tale,were shopping shortly and are not to sure how many bananas tostock up with :?
Yioula

Re: Cypriot sun and your skin.

Post by Yioula »

I would say it was a total load of “old bananas “ 😉
Probably was either Botex and fillers to the extreme or a face lift ........
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Plenty of evidence on Youtube and the wider internet to suggest the Banana tale may be true

bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

When I was a young lad and we visited the beach at Scarborough during the summer we were smeared in olive oil vinegar and lemon juice for sun tan lotion how times have changed !!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

bmwx5 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:56 am When I was a young lad and we visited the beach at Scarborough during the summer we were smeared in olive oil vinegar and lemon juice for sun tan lotion how times have changed !!
The olive oil was the "sun lotion", the lemon juice was the insect repellent and the vinegar should have gone on your chips! 😂😂
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
kansas

Post by kansas »

I remember well the olive oil and vinegar that I used in Spain many years ago. We literally cooked on the beach. Got a great suntan though! I
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Chaddy wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:59 pm On a recent trip to another sunny country we got into a conversation with a lady who lived there.She claimed to be 68 years old and to us she could have got way with saying she was 35ish.Ofcourse it begged the question how did she look so young for her...well...chronological age.
She said it was easy,it took no time at all and better still cost nowt...We couldn't wait for her to explain (like you are now ) and here it is...….Eat a banana every day then rub the inside of the peel thoroughly all over you face and kneck.One hour rinse off.
Was she spinning us a tale,were shopping shortly and are not to sure how many bananas tostock up with :?
I cannot see the benefit when your face comes into contact with banana peel. Reading recently an article how unhealthy banana peel is when you touch them as specially in Ecuador, one of the main producer of bananas, they are sprayed by planes with the poison Calixin (banned in EU).
Since this article I buy only "Bio" bananas which hopefully are not treated with nasty chemicals....but in my face? never...

Max