Quality Garden Furniture

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jonjo

Quality Garden Furniture

Post by jonjo »

Hi

Could anyone recommend a retailer that sells good quality garden furniture? All the shops I’ve visited along the Polis road and in the home market are selling poor quality furniture at high prices. Nothing remotely similar to the furniture we bought at Winters back in 2006. Happy to travel to Limassol if needed.

Thanks
The Aquila

Re: Quality Garden Furniture

Post by The Aquila »

You might have already been in but Steptoe has a good range of outdoor furniture at the moment.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Before the financial crisis some shops seemed to import better quality outside furniture in teak or genuine cane rattan. But some of the ones who used to sell better (as opposed to just very expensive stuff) garden furniture seem to have gone out of business. Now the current craze seems to be for plastic or synthetic furniture. I like the genuine rattan furniture, not its plastic equivalent. I still have a genuine rattan set of furniture which is about 30 yrs old.
Dee
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Pani on Mesogi Rd not cheap but good stuff
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Sadie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:53 pm Pani on Mesogi Rd not cheap but good stuff
The problem there is that everything inside reeks of stale smoke.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Definitely recommend Pani. Really nice man & good quality furniture that lasts.
jonjo

Post by jonjo »

Limited choice though. Is there a stand out supplier to visit elsewhere?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I think that you probably need to look further afield. There are a better selection of shops in Limassol, sorry though as I don’t know who to recommend. Try a Google search...

Dee
kansas

Post by kansas »

We are on the look out too. We went to Sun Tower and saw a plastic rattan grey and white outdoor arm chair for €350!!!!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I only went to Sun Tower once and thought that there was nothing suitable (for me) there.....

Dee
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

If you’re going up to Limassol look out for a shop called Kleima, I was looking for soft furnishings last summer and was taken there so sorry can’t give you directions to it but they have a website https://kleimacyprus.com/en/contents/3185.html

It’s on three floors and there were a number of outdoor suites, chairs etc. I brought their Sept 2019 sales flier back with me for future reference and it included outdoor furniture advertised from €100 up to €1,000. I just gave them a cursory glance at the time so can’t comment on quality, but lots of choice and they looked nice enough.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Always go to Sun Tower when looking for furniture, furnishings or other household items and usually find what we are looking for. As it is for rented accommodation not looking to spend much, although our patio furniture looks as new after 5 years of constant use.