Tick & Flea TABLET for cat

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Tick & Flea TABLET for cat

Post by trevnhil »

Hi all. We have been feeding a stray cat for over a year now and i usually administer Tick and Flea treatment from a pipette onto the back of her neck
However she will not even let me do that now... This morning I asked a D&N vets if there was a tablet I could buy to crush in her food.. Sadly the answer was No..

I assume this will be the same at all vets, of does any member know if you CAN get Tick and Flea tablets for a cat ??
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Re: Tick & Flea TABLET for cat

Post by LouiseCastricum »

https://www.petcarerx.com/article/oral- ... d-cats/121

So yes, it exists. Don't know if available in Cyprus.
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Louise.. i will have to call at vets as we go past them in the coming days..
Trev..
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

In the UK I used Comfortis .......tablet once a month with food
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks Yioula, but we need to get some in the Paphos area of Cyprus.. :-)
Trev..
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Vet UK deliver to EU countries Cyprus not mentioned but they do deliver to Greece maybe you could email a long shot I know
They stock Comfortis
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you both for your replies...
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

Flossie wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:00 pm The Monastery cat park uses a powder caled DIATOM mixed in with the mountains of food it prepares everyday to control the ticks and fleas on it's cats! This is what it says on Google:

As a Food. — For dogs, you should add one tablespoon per day of food-grade diatomaceous earth to dog food for dogs over 55 pounds. — For puppies, smaller dogs, and normal-sized cats, use one teaspoon per day. ... Kittens and smaller cats (2 to 6 ½ pounds) can be given ½ teaspoon of food-grade DE.

Currently only available in large amounts so they buy from Amazon I think - I have some and actually sprinkle it on my feeding group so when they groom themselves they ingest it! I joke that it's 'fairy dust'!
DE is harmless to us and animals, but ingested with food or drunk in water, (it is odorless and tasteless) it will kill parasites and draw out toxins as it goes through the body, so ideal for dog parasites, worms, Guardia, etc, it can be used topically too, but but be careful, because it is such a fine powder, inhaling it can cause problems in the lungs. It does say it can be used as a dusting powder on coats too! Topically on sores, humans too, it is brilliant. It also works on the exoskeleton frames of ants, cockroaches and the like, works by dehydrating them from the outside. I believe you can by animal grade at the agro shops, but I use human grade. I get mine from "Natural Supplies" UK, in 25kg tubs but Amazon sell 1kg packs. It is said to reduce cholesterol too, but I can't say if there any scientific studies to back that.
cactus

Post by cactus »

I buy a tablet for my dogs to use once every three months. t is called Bravecto and I believe it is also available for cats. It resembles an oxo cube and animals find it pleasant tasting. You can crumble it into the food easily. I buy mine from Yiannis Kyriakou opposite Papantoniou in Chlorakas. It is 30 euros for a large dog so I would think would cost much less for a cat.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We too buy the 3 month tablet for our dog, but we have been told at another vets that they do not have tablets for cats..
Thanks everyone for your replies, I will have to ask at differing places as we travel the area..
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Trevor

There is a tablet called 'Johnson's 4fleas' for cats, it can be bought from Amazon.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Jackie.. I will check that out as well as local vets
Trev..