Cordless vacuum cleaners

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lazydaze52

Re: Cordless vacuum cleaners

Post by Lazydaze52 »

As my username implies I always take the easy option. Bought a robot vac a few months ago, Hoover house right through every day while I have breakfast and read the morning paper ... brilliant!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Before buying any make of cordless vacuum best to research on the Net first, Dyson is expensive and mine did not last that long, also it had battery problems that were not available here (only at stupid money) or sellers would or could not send to Cyprus usually for security or safety reasons.

This model is mentioned above by some members, the feedback on Amazon is not good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quest-43600-Li ... um+cleaner

I will probably go for the Shark make, but again not cheap and you would have the same problem with battery life, but I love the way they work light and easy, they though are no match for a decent mains powered models, just very convenient and light to use.

Just a warning if you buy from Amazon either De or UK watch out for that shipping charge it can make any item overpriced.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We bought a Shark cordless cleaner.. It has two batteries so that is a good point.. It also cleans rugs and tiled floors without having to change the 'head'.. The cost to get it to Cyprus ?? €20 via RSS Logistics..
Trev..
Paul

Post by Paul »

And what happens when the battery fails permanently!
Which they will at sometime.
The battery can only be charged a number of times and if you leave it plugged in to the charge all the time it will damage the battery.
How many of you have used a laptop on the mains all the time and the battery has stopped charging it's the same thing!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well the question you ask is what happens when the battery fails permanently... You do of course have to buy another one.. We leave the spare battery plugged in and charging, but it turns itself off when fully charged.. Replacement batteries are available..

Re laptop. Mine is 2 years old and plugged in from 8am until 11pm. I use it on the battery for 2 hrs each morning from 6am until 8am with no problems.
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Trev (Happy NY)

Where are the batteries available to buy here? Dyson are so expensive that you may as well buy another new Vac, I do know some Shark cordless are available with two batteries, but the same applies to all cordless cleaners, spare batteries are either unavailable here or very expensive, I do know a couple of companies will attempt to send out here but very expensive to do so, they always say it is for safety reasons.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Like you I am not aware of spare Batteries being available in Cyprus.. But I have had a laptop battery sent out here from Ebay..
When I need any spare batteries I will order them from the UK.. Delivery within the UK is usually free, and I will have them sent to the depot of the shipping company I mentioned.. Shipping here via that method is only a few euros..
Trev..
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

I bought a replacement Dyson battery from Amazon sent to a U.K. address...who sent it on to Cyprus..Total: around £40...Premier wanted €90...
jhonnikolson

Post by jhonnikolson »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 pm
jhonnikolson wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:13 pm i have also bought new vacuumm recently, it is amazing.
Are you going to tell us which one it is ?
Yeah, it is dyson v10 cyclone
jhonnikolson

Post by jhonnikolson »

Maggie B wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:31 pm I just love the way nearly all of us call a Dyson, Shark, Miele . . . . . .a Hoover. Any machine that sucks muck off the floor is called a Hoover . . . . . .even when it's not! 🤣
Once i have this vacuum as area rug vacuum but it literally sucks

reverse osmosis reviews
MB