Staysure travel insurance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lefkes

Staysure travel insurance

Post by lefkes »

Been using Staysure travel insurance for the last nine years for travel to the USA and Europe,From June this year they are no longer able to offer travel insurance to expats in Cyprus . Can anybody recommend an alternative company for world wide travel . Thanks in advance . Lefkes.
Ray in Goudi

Re: Staysure travel insurance

Post by Ray in Goudi »

We recently changed to Columbus Direct and are more than happy with them.
Not sure if they can offer what you want, but might be worth a look:

https://www.columbusdirect.com/

I've no connection with them. Just a satisfied customer.

Ray
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Abbeygate are offering travel insurance. I was in there the other day and they had a poster on the wall about it.

Jim
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 am For the past year or two we have arranged travel insurance through Top Quotes. Obviously they have various levels of cover and the cost is dependant on age, but we have just been quoted €138 per annum, per couple, to renew for Europe-wide travel.

We asked how much extra for an upcoming holiday to the States...and the cost to include America rockets to a whopping €533 for the two of us :o Think it's fair to blame the American medical profession and culture of suing for that :(
Its the states that push up the cost plus health issues ,been paying close on a grand for a couple, maybe will give up the Florida Keyes this year.
Lefkes
zorbathejock

Post by zorbathejock »

We found Globespan to be cheaper than Top Quotes
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Trouble is, it's not the price you pay that counts in the end.... the important part is if you need to make a claim, will your chosen insurance policy and company pay out?

For those who have made recommendations - are they based on price paid or action taken following a claim?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Ray in Goudi

Post by Ray in Goudi »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:54 pm Trouble is, it's not the price you pay that counts in the end.... the important part is if you need to make a claim, will your chosen insurance policy and company pay out?

For those who have made recommendations - are they based on price paid or action taken following a claim?
For me, it's based on price paid for the cover I wanted.
I've not had to claim on travel insurance for many years, and as you say, you only find out how good a company is when you make a claim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

What matters to us is that the insurance covers various medical conditions like heart stents and Diabetes.
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am very surprised that Staysure have not notified there customers.
Trev..
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

trevnhil wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm I am very surprised that Staysure have not notified there customers.
Hi Trev, I was notified this morning by post, policy is due for renewal in the next few weeks.
Thanks for all replies.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We don't have an annual policy, we just take out travel insurance for occasional trips..
They do of course have our email address..
Trev..
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Ray in Goudi wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 am We recently changed to Columbus Direct and are more than happy with them.
Not sure if they can offer what you want, but might be worth a look:

https://www.columbusdirect.com/

I've no connection with them. Just a satisfied customer.

Ray
Hi Ray . I checked with columbus direct and you have to be resident of the Uk for insurance . As you said worth a look.
Lefkes.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

zorbathejock wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:27 pm We found Globespan to be cheaper than Top Quotes
Checked with Globespan , on the internet it says they went bust in 2009. Lefkes.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

trevnhil wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm I am very surprised that Staysure have not notified there customers.
We were with Staysure for a number of years but were only notified that they wouldn’t cover us when the policy was due for renewal. That was about 2 or 3 years ago. There was some discussion about it on here or CL at the time. We use Questor now.
zorbathejock

Post by zorbathejock »

Sorry, mental lapse. Should have said Globelink. Globespan was an airline.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Cactuslil wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 am
We were with Staysure for a number of years but were only notified that they wouldn’t cover us when the policy was due for renewal. That was about 2 or 3 years ago. There was some discussion about it on here or CL at the time. We use Questor now.
How strange, they insured us for a trip to the UK in April this year ?? That's only 3 weeks ago
Trev..
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It seems that they are making a few changes....

https://www.staysure.co.uk/expat-travel-insurance/
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I rang Staysure and they confirmed that they no longer insured Expats..
I thought I would try a local firm in Paphos and got a quote for €294 and that was for minimum cover plus medical cover..
I then tried an online company mentioned earlier 'Globelink'..
The list of medical conditions they cover was amazing.. So I took the Comprehensive cover out including medical cover as well.. The total was 160 Pounds.. I am quite well satisfied..
Trev..
josef k

Post by josef k »

I have just taken out travel insurance through Status Insurance. The policy is with Citybond and gives me 5,000,000 euros cover for a one month trip at a cost of 135 pounds (excluding usa etc). Not bad given that my heart is covered even though I have had a bypass.
My wife, who is younger, has been given annual cover for 101 pounds.

Worth checking out.
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

If you google 'Citybond' you get through to the company itself. Get the same deal as if you went through an agency but without paying the agency fee!