Staysure travel insurance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Staysure travel insurance

Post by trevnhil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 pm

I rang Staysure and they confirmed that they no longer insured Expats..
I thought I would try a local firm in Paphos and got a quote for €294 and that was for minimum cover plus medical cover..
I then tried an online company mentioned earlier 'Globelink'..
The list of medical conditions they cover was amazing.. So I took the Comprehensive cover out including medical cover as well.. The total was 160 Pounds.. I am quite well satisfied..
Trev..

josef k

Post by josef k » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:05 pm

I have just taken out travel insurance through Status Insurance. The policy is with Citybond and gives me 5,000,000 euros cover for a one month trip at a cost of 135 pounds (excluding usa etc). Not bad given that my heart is covered even though I have had a bypass.
My wife, who is younger, has been given annual cover for 101 pounds.

Worth checking out.

chris&pam

Post by chris&pam » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:15 am

If you google 'Citybond' you get through to the company itself. Get the same deal as if you went through an agency but without paying the agency fee!

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:25 am

chris&pam wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:15 am
If you google 'Citybond' you get through to the company itself. Get the same deal as if you went through an agency but without paying the agency fee!
The problem with doing that is Cyprus is NOT listed on the question, where do you live !!!
Trev..

chris&pam

Post by chris&pam » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

If you go to Citybond home page and open the link for a quick quote then scroll down to you see 'Rep of Cyprus'. We've used Citybond since Staysure informed us they 'don't do Cyprus.

merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 pm

I note a lot of people blame medical costs in USA.

A knowledgable person on these matter tol me the Cyrpus health system is to blame also.

In the UK for example people have a GP who keeps records of medical health and treatmenta and any hospital in/outpatient treatments etc.

In Cypus comprehensive medical records are not available, nor until now do patients have a designated dr, who the insurance companies can write to to establise existing medical conditions - the consqquence is hight premiums.

Maybe this will change with the new system.

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 pm

We have certainly answered the question about having a doctor that we are registered with truthfully
Even before this new NHS we have been registered with one GP, who we have gone to for treatment from time to time..
Trev..