Single family clings on in crumbling estate

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Single family clings on in crumbling estate

Post by Paphos Life »

It is hard to believe that anyone could live in such a way in Cyprus.Roads are impassable, as huge sections have fallen away creating a steep drop; deep gashes are apparent in the road surfaces and the land is literally torn apart in places....

Read the article and chat about it below...
lotus

Re: Single family clings on in crumbling estate

Post by lotus »

I have known Simon for a few years, lovely guy and family,why the hell the government can't step in on these cases is beyond me, what is this country coming to?
lotus

Post by lotus »

I find it very strange this posting hasn't generated more response, after all it is about terrible hardship for mostly our fellow country men,this country has got to do something about these issues for sure,there are so many problems be it large or small for people here,surely the EU should be involved?, I bet if the same happened in the UK if a Cypriot brought a house which started to crumble it would be a different matter!,I realise it's not just English people having these problems but several nationalities have been involved.
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Friends of ours also own one of the properties. He took the developer to court and after over 30 adjournments , for which he had to fly back from the U.K to attend , he won his case...immediately after the developer went into administration.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

HIC
This is what I was saying in the posts about Pissouri .
The developers cut and run and start up again under a different name. I live near Simon as you know though fortunately our property is built on relatively flat land and hasn't been affected.
I read recently that the government is responsible for ground water and also they issued building permits allowing properties to be built on suspect land so they do bear some responsibility.

Jim