Polis Hospital, GP's

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Polis Hospital, GP's

Post by trevnhil »

Can someone post the procedure for seeing a GP at Polis Hospital please.. It is around 7 years since I was last there.. I am hoping it is a little easier than Paphos General..
Trev..
MacManiac

Re: Polis Hospital, GP's

Post by MacManiac »

Go to the Outpatients’ Department and there are two windows. One is for Registrations and the other is for Stamps. Take your medical card to Registrations and ask to see a doctor. If you have not been there before, they will put you on the system and create a file for you and that should be that. You pay your three euros and I always check to see which room the doctor is in. After that sit outside the room, and a few minutes later the clerk will bring your file to the doctor. And then, sooner or later, your name will be called. Later in the morning tends to be much quieter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank You Mac.. i will go a little later in the morning :-)
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I did visit the hospital yesterday, simply for a repeat prescription from any GP..
I checked in and was directed to the Very Full waiting room...
I arrived around 11-15 am and and came out just before 2pm
It was a l o n g wait..
Trev..
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

trevnhil wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:46 am I did visit the hospital yesterday, simply for a repeat prescription from any GP..
I checked in and was directed to the Very Full waiting room...
I arrived around 11-15 am and and came out just before 2pm
It was a l o n g wait..
That’s a long wait. I tend to arrive about 12.30 and am normally in and out within fifteen minutes. I have to go up this week for a repeat prescription so hope I don’t have to wait as long as you. Perhaps I need to take a packed lunch and a good book with me.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Sorry you had a long wait Trev , we went today for our prescriptions arrived just after 12 and was out with our bag of tablets in 15 minutes .

Sad that this will be our last visit to the Polis Hospital after 10 years .