DAB radio

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
El tel

DAB radio

Post by El tel »

I am about to purchase a radio to bring out to Cyprus and I am wondering whether there is any indication of Cyprus moving to DAB in the near future. No point paying extra for a dab radio if I only need fm. Thanks .

Terry
mike strand2

Re: DAB radio

Post by mike strand2 »

Buy an internet radio and listen to radio stations from around the world (including all BBC stations)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There are no DAB radio stations out here. Save your money. Buy a few "Now thats what I call..." CDs from the Eighties and you've pretty much got the output covered.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Terry hello.

Both of my Mag systems have a very good FM Tuners and we get all of what we need, you could of course just use your PC, I use a sound system with this, works well, DAB in cyprus is a no go! at the moment, you could buy an internet radio but if you are online a PC is all you will need.
Jim.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We have a Logitec Internet Radio and it's very good. I can pick up every UK station on it, come to that we can pick up every online station in the world.
They're sold on Amazon.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I downloaded the Tune In app to my phone and play it through a bluetooth speaker, thousands of stations to choose from including all the popular British ones.
El tel

Post by El tel »

Thanks for the responses , I think the answer is no to DAB radio in Cyprus . I have internet radio and a mag box in Cyprus but I was looking for a radio for the bathroom. Have just bought a Roberts radio on eBay for £17 , brand new and from Curry’s so problem sorted . Thanks.

Terry
J B

Post by J B »

Someone asked on the Eastern Forum a few years back "what will I be able to get on my DAB radio"

'Dust' was the best answer! :lol:
J B