Cyprus Driving Licence No.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Cyprus Driving Licence No.

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 am So far, 25 posts on this subject, which is banal.

So far, 3 posts on 'Traffic offences in May topped 25,000'

Have we lost our sense of proportion, argy-bargying on banalities, while we drive like idiots?
Well stop driving like an Idiot, simple.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I have looked at other official docs that have my ID ref & can confirm that '5' is your Cyprus ID which means 4d is the licence number.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

I had to show my driving licence at a UK police station last week and the officer told me that number 5 is the driving licence number on all driving licences.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Just to clarify - perhaps posters are not making it clear which driving licence and the country of issue.
1. On my last UK (EU format) Photo Driving Licence Para 5 is indeed the UK Driver Licence number.
2. On my current CY (EU format) Photo Driving Licence Para 5 is my National ID or Alien registration number, and Para 4.d is the driving licence number.

I kept a photocopy of my last UK issued driving licence!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’ve had a CY drivers license for some years, as it was required before Cyprus joined the EU and have used it several times to hire cars in the UK. It was accepted without any hesitation, even the scruffy old piece of paper which was the original license which was issued by the transport dept with my photo stapled to it! Then I was issued with the smart new plastic card. More recently.. I probably used no 5 which was actually my ARC no... which appears on all official documents including my now obsolete , but still useful ID card. But it was accepted.
Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Similar situation with the Cyprus Medical Card number which changes each time it is issued, when it would be far more practical for it to remain the same.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Lloyd,
I have hired cars in the UK several times using my Cypriot license. The hire car company probably used my ARC/ ID no and were quite happy with that. If you're worried, get them to copy both nos on their form. Then you will definitely be covered. The main thing as far as they were concerned is that you have a a valid driving license with your photo on lt. Plus your passport.
I used to arrange car insurance to cover my car hire from an independent insurer to avoid the ridiculously high insurance policy which most hire car operators try to sell you.

Dee
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Sorry I still have to beg to differ. I have been informed by the Cyprus police that no.5 is the driving licence number as it is your unique ID. It states this on the reverse - No 5. αριθμός άδειας. Just copy and paste that into Google translate and it will say ‘Licence No.’

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

If you have a Cyprus driving licence the answer is on the reverse of the card , just get it translated as Jeanne said .

4d is a personal number .

“The addition of the personal number is a local variation. 4(d) is optional and should be a number other than the one listed under number 5 “

From a link I posted at the start of this thread .
WHL

Post by WHL »

Im I missing something here?, when you can you use your Cyprus driving licence, virtually in every country on the planet , what are people arguing about on here?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But when you present your licence at the car hire desk, whatever number you use will be on the card.
And if people here cannot make up their minds which is the licence number I am sure the hire company will not really bother
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

What im trying to say is, if your Cyprus driving licence is accepted everywhere you go, who cares what no. Is on no.4 or 5 or whatever
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

WHL wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:01 pm What im trying to say is, if your Cyprus driving licence is accepted everywhere you go, who cares what no. Is on no.4 or 5 or whatever
Because I needed to write the number on an Insurance claim form, that's why!
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Here is an interesting one , on the Cyprus diving.net web site they show a sample Cyprus driving license , 4d is blank . Does this mean Cypriots do not have a driving licence number ? ;)

Only posted for fun , seriously I am not bothered . We are all entitled to believe what we want .

Attachments
76E66BC7-276E-4DC2-BC9C-D29CD67D0ED6.jpeg
76E66BC7-276E-4DC2-BC9C-D29CD67D0ED6.jpeg (59.71 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Good spot - but its a spoof- for display purposes I think, the guys ID card number is dodgy.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Enough of this debate! I called the Peyia Police who confirmed it's No. 5 (my ARC/MEU / GESY number). We will soon have it tattooed across our foreheads to make for ease of recognition :lol:

4d is the number of the operative who issued the licence. Out of interest, does anyone else have the same number 4d as me "251181"?

I think Dominic needs to lock this thread.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Perhaps a call to the Traffic Police at Paphos HQ would elicit the correct answer as this is their speciality?
Tel: 26 806060
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

galexinda wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 pm Perhaps a call to the Traffic Police at Paphos HQ would elicit the correct answer as this is their speciality?
Tel: 26 806060
Are you suggesting the Peyia police don't know their arse from their elbow? Surely not!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I went to Stoumbi Police Station yesterday to pay an ancient parking ticket. The number they used for Id purposes was 5.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Dominic wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:41 am I went to Stoumbi Police Station yesterday to pay an ancient parking ticket. The number they used for Id purposes was 5.
That is correct Dominic, as 4d is your licence number whereas 5 is your ID number. They won't use your licence number as ID.
Louise :)