Latest Quartz crystals (highlights)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Latest Quartz crystals (highlights)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I know, it is only for a minority on here interesting, but I thought I share my latest crystal photos before I get more confused which pics I already posted as I photographed more than 200 different specimens in the last two weeks...

Quite a large piece of Quartz

here a mix of clear crystals and Iron oxide inclusions as well as calcite

well here I think it is a nice geode of citrine

inclusions like teeth..

Geode with inclusions, citrine ?

mix of colours

interesting formation

close up

inclusions like corals...

and finally

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Latest Quartz crystals (highlights)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

As I said it already that only a minority of members is interested in crystals, but that no one replied after two days I posted that photos puzzled me still a bit....

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It's a holiday season Max. Always quiet on a holiday season.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cherry345

Post by Cherry345 »

Every time I see pictures of your fabulous rocks I want to go and buy myself a hammer lol, they are really incredible Max, one day I hope to start a hobby like yours.
Galini

Post by Galini »

I have only just seen the post Max. They are lovely and I'd love to add a few like that to my little collection.
I need to find time to get out and look
:) ;)
smudger

Post by smudger »

Max, I love the pics,are they all your own pieces, or rocks which you have photographed 'in situ' ?
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

I love the rich amber colour nature is truly amazing plus your excellent photography ......thanks Max for taking the time
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

smudger wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:36 pm Max, I love the pics,are they all your own pieces, or rocks which you have photographed 'in situ' ?
When I am out for rock hunting I am equipped with several hammer and different chisels but not with my camera. So all these photos are specimens I carried home, from sometimes large distances from where I found them back to my car. The crystals in this post one could not see them on the surface as they had to be dug out. What you could see was only parts of veins and underneath they appeared...

To produce high quality close-up pics, not blurred, I spend many hours later on at home... but it is a large part of this hobby though... ;)

Max
smudger

Post by smudger »

Thanks Max, understand.
ph06kg1

Post by ph06kg1 »

Max your findings are amazing!! I truly love oxidized quartz! The reason is that it is quite rare, and secondly, it reveals better its crystal surfaces in a multicolor version!! Indeed, there is calcite presenton on your specimens, and also the coral formations you mention is probably calcite as well (or there is a chance of it being goethite, crystallized Iron oxide)

Excellent!

George K.
ph06kg1

Post by ph06kg1 »

Max, i wanted to ask you: how is it possible to upload so many pics of that great quality on Paphos life? In my case, it only lets me upload only 5 photos, and i have to reduce their size as well, and thats the reason i didnt post for a while because it is a little frustrating.. Thanks!!!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

ph06kg1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am Max, i wanted to ask you: how is it possible to upload so many pics of that great quality on Paphos life? In my case, it only lets me upload only 5 photos, and i have to reduce their size as well, and thats the reason i didnt post for a while because it is a little frustrating.. Thanks!!!
George, I suggest that you start a new topic for that question and wait for the answers from members or Dominic. I am using a German website, where I set to 1024 pixels for panoramic photos and 640 pixels for portrait pics.... the quality though is reduced from the originals (4-8 MB), but when they are not blurred it is good enough, I think.

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

One thing you should bear in mind though is that if you continually put lots of pictures in a single thread, then people browsing using a mobile device (and in this day and age, that is a lot) may choose to avoid your threads. That is because they use up a lot of bandwidth.

This is why the blogs are paginated.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
ph06kg1

Post by ph06kg1 »

Thank you both of you!! I really want to post more pics per post but i understand!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:51 pm One thing you should bear in mind though is that if you continually put lots of pictures in a single thread, then people browsing using a mobile device (and in this day and age, that is a lot) may choose to avoid your threads. That is because they use up a lot of bandwidth.
That explains a lot to me. Not only that one cannot recognize on a tiny screen, details of close up pics, (e.g. crystal inclusions) and also a certain mood (sunrise etc.) is not the same what I can see on my 42" screen. So now the use of a lot of bandwidth comes on top of it.

If the majority of forum members indeed using small screens or even smart phones to watch photos I will certainly restrain from posting large quantity of pics in future ... It would be interesting what percentage of members using smart phones/tablets or TV screens.

Max