GESY ENROLLMENT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
mike strand2

Re: GESY ENROLLMENT

Post by mike strand2 »

David Brown wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 pm The white card is proof of S1 so no problem.
Possibly not, by the latest account!!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I was told by Gwenny staff today that there is a glitch within the GESY website. Its this that is making registration difficult for some expats. It should be resolved this week.
Meanwhile I had received an email from my nominated doctor, as am already a patient there.
I printed out and filled in her registration form, took it with me. Took the docs which I was asked for with me. Am now in the process of being registered as they communicate directly with GESY. I understand.
Dee
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

It looks like some of the online system is working tonight . I logged in and picked a doctor , 10 minutes later I received an email to say I now have to make an appointment to see the doctor to show copies of paperwork and sign the form .
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

So David are you now registered with two doctors ? I thought you posted that you were registered with Dr Maria at Polis hospital ?
JimX

Post by JimX »

Problems with who is doing the Pharmacy services, so far not many have signed up, we have been told this by our ex GP.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just had a phone call from the Doctor that both my wife and I have chosen to use and indeed have been using for many years..
I have been told that the system will not let me join.. I am not sure why, but the doctor has been onto the Authorities and they are going to try to sort something out for me..
At the moment we are on a Joint Medical card primarily in my wifes name with me on the card as a dependant..

We have sent for an S1 But I assume when this comes it will still be one form with both of us named on it..

It does seem a little Chaotic at the moment... But there must be many couples with just one medical card / S1 form, with two names on them ???
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Trev morning.

For sure this new system is in deep trouble, when you go to see a GP at the General he said get registered with GESY as soon as possible, like you I have been to see I believe the same Dr as you, I am waiting for confirmation but her surgery was bursting at the seams last week, and the lady receptionist just took our registration forms off us, she said she would soon be registering us on the doctor's GESY book, we will see, and who is doing the pharmacy with this new NHS system, nobody seems to know, what a crazy situation they could not run a p*** up in a brewery here.

We did take copies of our new medical cards that came via the post last week...good health to you.
Last edited by JimX on Wed May 08, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Just thought I would update (confuse) matters based upon my/our experiences of our 5 hour visit to the General yesterday (Monday). Finally got to see what would be our choice of doctor. Registration to see her had been traumatic with the queue going back way past the ticket office at 07.30 when we registered.

At 10.00 she had already seen 30 patients and came out to promise that she would see everybody. She expected to see 60 patients that day. I was No.42 and there were many with numbers after that

Once inside her room I handed over the application form I completed on-line and then printed off, a copy of the S! form and my immigration registration form (MEU1). She said she didn't know what to do next, but a guy from the computer department was coming in to show her the ropes. She took the forms and we will see.

Further advice.

Don't go to the General on a Monday. When we came out at 12.30 the queue at Registration was still as long as at 07.30

If you are trying to Register as a Beneficiary on-line make sure that you put your name/surname in exactly as stated on your MEU1/MEU3. If you don't have a street no.put in the same number on the form as your address. It might not be what is required but it gets you on to the next page. At the end you are able to print off the complete form, sign it and take it with the 2 other documents (see above) to your doctor of choice who , with their input, should forward it to Nicosia.

Good luck
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

We signed on as Beneficiaries in February and the application form and supporting documents were received by HIO on 6th March. Still waiting for our applications to be approved!

Interesting that seeing a GP to sign on is not necessarily a shorter route if people are having to send documents to Nicosia.

Cannot understand why UK state pensioners have to submit anything other than Yellow Slip and Cyprus Medical Card to qualify.

On our medical card it refers to the E121 which is the form used prior to S1 thus showing our eligibility.
Varky

Post by Varky »

galexinda wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:22 am We signed on as Beneficiaries in February and the application form and supporting documents were received by HIO on 6th March. Still waiting for our applications to be approved!
Interesting that seeing a GP to sign on is not necessarily a shorter route if people are having to send documents to Nicosia.
Cannot understand why UK state pensioners have to submit anything other than Yellow Slip and Cyprus Medical Card to qualify.
On our medical card it refers to the E121 which is the form used prior to S1 thus showing our eligibility.
Maybe not a shorter route, but may connect the registration with the doctor's acceptance as a patient in one go.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

From many posts on other groups and FB pages it appears that the doctor is registering the patient onto the system, then printing off the application form which the patient then has to send to Nicosia with the required documents. Also get the impression there is confusion for those entitled to GESY as they pay social insurance (eg have to get a special form from the Social Insurance Office).

Another problem, as may have been highlighted on this forum elesewhere, is that people entitled to pharmacy items at Paphos General Hospital have been informed they have run out of certain items and in some cases are having to buy from pharmacies - at higher prices.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Ive heard Cypriot Pensioners, will have to pay ...anyone know how expat pensioners will pay?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

WHL wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:21 pm Ive heard Cypriot Pensioners, will have to pay ...anyone know how expat pensioners will pay?
Expat pensioners who have the S1 will not have to pay .
darrow

Post by darrow »

Another development with registering! I phoned my Doctor of choice this morning to say could I register with them, having already registered on line for the GESY system and been accepted. She told me that white card or s1 is currently not being accepted by the system. Nor the MEU1, only the MEU3! She said 1000,s are affected! I went online and Cyprus Mail report from HIO (Health Insurance Organisation) says the system is not accepting either the MEU1 or the MEU3. Something to do with information from Government data warehouse not getting through to GESY! WHAT A SHAMBLES! Only a few weeks left to register and what are we supposed to do? I would have registered a couple of weeks back but MOH couldn't decide which Doctor to choose! We might end up with none if they don't get on with fixing yet another "glitch". :evil: :evil:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mrblobby wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 pm
WHL wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:21 pm Ive heard Cypriot Pensioners, will have to pay ...anyone know how expat pensioners will pay?
Expat pensioners who have the S1 will not have to pay .
That's good news,is the UK picking up the bill?... but how comes Cypriot pensioners will pay?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I think this is the article Darrow refers to in his comment above:

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/05/04/pers ... -hio-said/
Varky

Post by Varky »

I have the feeling that Darrow's preferred doctor does not know what she is talking about. He has registered and been accepted on-line, I assume using a S1 as support and now she is saying that a S1 is not being accepted.

A clear case of people having an opinion without the knowledge of the matter as is the case in dealings with many government departments in Cyprus.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

darrow wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:59 pm Another development with registering! I phoned my Doctor of choice this morning to say could I register with them, having already registered on line for the GESY system and been accepted. She told me that white card or s1 is currently not being accepted by the system. Nor the MEU1, only the MEU3! She said 1000,s are affected! I went online and Cyprus Mail report from HIO (Health Insurance Organisation) says the system is not accepting either the MEU1 or the MEU3. Something to do with information from Government data warehouse not getting through to GESY! WHAT A SHAMBLES! Only a few weeks left to register and what are we supposed to do? I would have registered a couple of weeks back but MOH couldn't decide which Doctor to choose! We might end up with none if they don't get on with fixing yet another "glitch". :evil: :evil:
My wife was accepted using an MEU1 and has had an email from the Doctor confirming that.

Ian
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Trev, we are both on the one Medical card, but I managed to find copies of the old E121 and they are in separate names.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I looked but don't have any copies, I have looked.. But I have a New S1 coming and I bet with my luck we will only have one between us..
Trev..