Eating a Meze in Tala..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

Eating a Meze in Tala..

Post by JimX »

Jim.
Cherry345

Re: Eating a Meze in Tala..

Post by Cherry345 »

Goodness that was a lot of food lol, and for such a tiny person she really did well in eating all that she did, and we know where to go if we get really really hungry now lol
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

I find it depressing when people hold a fork like a shovel.....
J B

Post by J B »

Our favourite too :D
DavidatLWH wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 pm I find it depressing when people hold a fork like a shovel.....
:roll:
Were you depressed about her being left handed too?
J B
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

DavidatLWH wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 pm I find it depressing when people hold a fork like a shovel.....
Depressing? Different nationalities eat in different ways. Nothing to get depressed about !
Louise :)
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

In my experience that was a very different style of Meze from those served up in the east of the island, away from the tourist hotspots.
Generally a meat maze has only 1 or 2 veggie/courgette and egg/bean style offerings the rest is portions of say belly pork, then chicken souvlaki, then pork souvlaki, kleftico, grilled chicken all with as many home sliced chips as you need, Maybe a bowl of village salad.
The fish mazes again serve up whatever variety of shellfish, fish, octopus stew, calamari soft shell crab they have, all with plenty of chips and a bowl of village salad. Don't recall ever having any veggies with a fish maze.
Of course bread as required and dessert maybe fresh fruit in the summer of glace/pickled fruit in the winter.
Variety the spice of life. And I often eat and see others eating their maze with their fingers. Knives and forks are for silver service dinners!
J B

Post by J B »

bromerzz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:35 pm In my experience that was a very different style of Meze from those served up in the east of the island, away from the tourist hotspots.
Generally a meat maze has only 1 or 2 veggie/courgette and egg/bean style offerings the rest is portions of say belly pork, then chicken souvlaki, then pork souvlaki, kleftico, grilled chicken all with as many home sliced chips as you need, Maybe a bowl of village salad.
Maybe you need to visit the west end :lol:

We've been going there for 23 years now and there are nearly always souvlaki, lamb chops, kleftiko, chicken, afelia, etc as well as all the veg stuff you saw.
Give it a go .... ;) :lol: ;)
J B
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 pm
Depressing? Different nationalities eat in different ways. Nothing to get depressed about !
Talking about different cultures, I was surprised when I visited Vietnam back in the 90s to see that only the ladies wore conical hats. The men wore the same sort of hats they wore on It Aint Half Hot Mum.

What reminded me of this was remembering how they ate noodles.

Very quickly, with a big spoon.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have used that Taverna several times, it is good but for a Meze the Merlitza is the venue to go. Of course all a matter of opinion and taste.
Jim.