Lost Driving Licence

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Lost Driving Licence

Post by Lincoln »

When I lost my driving Licence, I did the usual things. Reported loss to police etc etc. I then took reports to the Citizens centre who kindly gave me a temporary licence. This expires tomorrow. I went to the citizens centre to ask for my NEW licence. By the way even as a pensioner in my 70's I had to pay €40.00 for the replacement. No new licence!. I explained it expires tomorrow. I got told that "Do not worry as the police know you lost it and this is still valid cover. Excuse me it expires tomorrow. I got the Cyprus shug.
All things are possible
galexinda

Re: Lost Driving Licence

Post by galexinda »

The paper temporary licence is only valid here, so not able to drive in any other countries until the proper pink card is received.
gazzaga

Post by gazzaga »

I had the same problem November last year but my replacement did arrive before the expiry of the temp one. The system seemed to work well.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 pm
Austin7 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:07 amThat's what I like about Cyprus, the casual laid back attitude. 8-)

That and (usually) the application of common sense and pragmatism.
Well, in a case like this common sense would make me worry e. g. about whether insurance would pay in case of an accident while driving without a valid license.
memory man

Post by memory man »

jeba wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:01 am

e. g. about whether insurance would pay in case of an accident while driving without a valid license.

Does the same apply if you haven't renewed your Road Tax within the time frame available?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Found out today that the pink driving licence cards are processed in Romania. As soon as your details are entered in the computer the Citizens Service Centre has no way of checking if there are any problems.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Received my new driving licence today.
I applied 18 days ago and the girl said
I would receive it in about 3-4 weeks.

Licence is all correct - no errors on it.