Latest on the Ferry plan to Greece

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Latest on the Ferry plan to Greece

Post by Lincoln »

Taken from another Forum.

So, as the news announced a number of months ago the possibility of a ferry service to Greece to/from Cyprus. The response on this forum certainly indicated that this was a favourable facility, certainly from my perspective... So I wrote to the Ministry and asked for an update.
This update arrived via email this morning:

On behalf of the Shipping Deputy Minister to the President, Mrs. Natasa Pilides, I would like to thank you for your email.
As you have been correctly informed by the news the Shipping Deputy Ministry, following the cabinet’s approval of the venture in October 2018,
imitated a tender procedure for preparing a study to determine the cost, after which funds will be sought from the EU, for a ferry link with Greece.
The tender procedure has been completed and the contract with the successful tenderer is expected to be signed in the next few days.
The study is expected to be completed within 13 weeks from the day of signing the contract.
It’s a process that will take time, and the first ferry will definitely not embark during this touristic period, but we hope to have this services in the next touristic period.
A ferry link with Greece is one of the main goals of the Shipping Deputy Ministry and we will do our most to complete this target successfully.

With kind regards,
All things are possible
PhotoLady

Re: Latest on the Ferry plan to Greece

Post by PhotoLady »

We will keep watching this space then...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Very interesting news, let's hope it comes back and people use it

Out of curiosity, will this service run out of Larnaka ???
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

I have just answered myself by googling it and handily Limassol will be the "Hub"

Extra, extra read all about it....

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/01/25/ferr ... the-works/

I think Cyprus Mail had the same email and the wonders of cut and paste appear