Whose jets?!!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
bmwx5

Re: Whose jets?!!

Post by bmwx5 »

Saw 2 of them visible flying along past Elea GC and Coast line, Too fast to see any markings it was mentioned previously the French were flying here recently.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Saw them yesterday briefly but the wing shape makes them one of 2! Either RAF Typhoons or French Rafale M launched from the AC Charles de Gaulle, both have a canard delta wing shape!

Shane
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Saw that one today flying low . Very fast.
All things are possible
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

French Rafaele’s.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Back in the day went camping in the South of France, nobody told us it was next to a French airforce base, frightened the Sh*t out of you every time they went over you, they dont half make a noise :shock:
JimX

Post by JimX »

Quite right too it is outrageous these countries are allowed to fly low over occupied areas of Cyprus, some think it is fun, it's not for animals and even very dangerous if you have anything to do with horses.
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

There is more to come latter this year and it will be the Brits testing their new toys .

The first overseas deployment by Royal Navy jet pilots in a decade will be to Cyprus later this year, the UK Ministry of Defence said.
This will be the first overseas deployment of the new F-35 stealth jet fighters which replace the RAF Tornado GR4s, retired last February.
The home base of the F-35s is RAF Marham in Norfolk and they will be deployed to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus.
The deployment of the F-35 will allow RAF and Royal Navy personnel to gain experience in maintaining and flying the aircraft in an unfamiliar environment, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said.

https://in-cyprus.com/uk-militarys-f-35 ... rus-video/

JimX

Post by JimX »

Look forward to it? are you bonkers? :roll:
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

ronk wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 pm thanks Mrblobby..looking forward to that.
I dont think the RAF are allowed to fly over land, they must keep to over the sea,
smudger

Post by smudger »

Ooeerrr V, can you say this??? The bonkers brigade will be on your case :D
smudger

Post by smudger »

Completely agree Lloyd. Training manoeuvres have to go on, regardless. I for one am glad that they do.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I do not agree Lloyd,

Why do foreign jets not use their own airspace? France has plenty so do Isreal why they need to fly over areas of Cyprus?.
Cyprus does not have fast jets and these countries are just using this island, what are their motives. As I said several times they do cause lots of problems for animals and could even kill someone who are using horses with trainees on their back, no this should be stopped, you do not get the RAF flying over town at night so why let these foreign air forces do this, crazy as I said bonkers.

Smudge must scare the hell out of all your many cats, I am sure smudge you would be one of the first to complain if it affected your animals, the bonkers brigade are welcome.
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

JimX wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:43 am I do not agree Lloyd,

Why do foreign jets not use their own airspace? France has plenty so do Isreal why they need to fly over areas of Cyprus?.
Cyprus does not have fast jets and these countries are just using this island, what are their motives. As I said several times they do cause lots of problems for animals and could even kill someone who are using horses with trainees on their back, no this should be stopped, you do not get the RAF flying over town at night so why let these foreign air forces do this, crazy as I said bonkers.

Smudge must scare the hell out of all your many cats, I am sure smudge you would be one of the first to complain if it affected your animals, the bonkers brigade are welcome.
Bonkers is putting cats, before a country's security, the reason the French and Israelis are allowed to fly over Cyprus, is because they are used by Cyprus to train their radar/ anti aircraft, missile crews, if that upsets tiddles then too bad.
Alewfin

Post by Alewfin »

Jim,

You appear to be blaming foreign countries by implication because foreign jets are flying over land.

You need to blame the Cyprus Government because its they who invite foreign countries to fly their jets over Cyprus land.

The Cyprus Government do this because they are hung up (still) on the possibility (or probability some say) that Turkey is going to attack them and having no air force themselves need all the protection they can get.

I'm sure the local farmers would not hesitate to demand compensation from the government if livestock were being killed. I haven't read of any howls of protest or tractors blocking roads by irate farmers.

However, there were complaints about vapour trails from passenger jets I do recall. Should they banned too ?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But WHY do they not use there own countryside to train over ????
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

''You appear to be blaming foreign countries by implication because foreign jets are flying over land.

You need to blame the Cyprus Git'srnment because its they who invite foreign countries to fly their jets over Cyprus land''

I do Alewfin blame Cy Government, I agree with your point, some fellow stable people complained to the mayor and he got the flyover town stopped the last time, why do they need to fly over Cyprus? very strange, maybe brown envelopes are in order, it is crazy.

'' However, there were complaints about vapour trails from passenger jets I do recall. Should they banned too ?''

Never heard of this and this is silly because how would the Cypriot economy survive a ban of this nature?
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Loads of info HERE about vapour trails from passenger jets over Cyprus.
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:56 am But WHY do they not use there own countryside to train over ????
Different terrain to there own country Trev, their French pilots get training, Cyprus anti aircraft missile units get training, win win for both.
WHL

Post by WHL »

JimX wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:10 am ''You appear to be blaming foreign countries by implication because foreign jets are flying over land.

You need to blame the Cyprus Git'srnment because its they who invite foreign countries to fly their jets over Cyprus land''

I do Alewfin blame Cy Government, I agree with your point, some fellow stable people complained to the mayor and he got the flyover town stopped the last time, why do they need to fly over Cyprus? very strange, maybe brown envelopes are in order, it is crazy.

'' However, there were complaints about vapour trails from passenger jets I do recall. Should they banned too ?''

Never heard of this and this is silly because how would the Cypriot economy survive a ban of this nature?
What a ridiculous statement :roll:
JimX

Post by JimX »

What are you referring to?, the jet trails? or the fact why are they using Cy for training? what ridiculous statement are you referring to? brown envelopes, are you saying this does not happen on Cy? are you connected with French Airforce? and you think France does not have terrain like Cyprus, of course, it does. And who will fight off any possible attack on Cy? it would last about ten minutes, as posted Cy has no fast jets, a couple of fighter type helicopters and that's it.

Or as usual, you are just looking for another argument, also you can post without doing quoting every member here, it is not necessary at all.
Jim.