Road closed into Kamares

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Road closed into Kamares

Post by Mrblobby »

Please note that the road in front of the slipping building will close on Saturday 6th April until further notice. This is for the safety and well being of residents and those using the road. Closing the road is a necessary precaution until the District Office can finalise their plans for the site.

https://talanews.blogspot.com/2019/04/u ... -into.html
Attachments
EE70701C-A96B-4FC7-AC96-1830343DDFC6.jpeg
EE70701C-A96B-4FC7-AC96-1830343DDFC6.jpeg (244.63 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
PW in Polemi

Re: Road closed into Kamares

Post by PW in Polemi »

Hope they sort it out a lot quicker than they did the road from Simou down towards Skouli. The up lane collapsed into the field below, just on a right hand bend, and we were left using the one remaining lane for both up and downhill traffic with no visibility round said bend for two or more years! Fortunately, that road is not heavily used but I did meet the occasional vehicle heading straight for me!

Glad I rarely go into Kamares, usually only if I want the more scenic drive from Tala to Tsada.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

They should have acted much sooner. I just hope there isn’t an emergency for anyone living there as the alternative routes are a long way round.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Speaking of the alternative routes , they have know this was a major problem for many years , that would result in closing the road . Why did they not upgrade the alternative route from tala ? It is so bad at the moment , part of it is collapsing .
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Talk of the devil , I just went to the shop and they have started repairing the collapsed section of road .

And they have been out with the hedge trimmer and done both sides of the road .