UK Driving Licence & EHIC

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

UK Driving Licence & EHIC

Post by MacManiac »

Just by chance I was listening to Rock FM in the car at lunchtime today, and there was a sponsored message from Status Insurance. Their representative was interviewed about Brexit and she explained that the latest situation regarding UK Driving Licences was that they would continue to be recognised in Cyprus until the end of December 2020. According to the lady, local police and all insurance companies had agreed this to be the case.

As far as EHIC was concerned these cards would continue to be recognised until the end of December 2020. However EHIC holders would need to provide evidence of their air tickets to prove they were here on holiday.

How accurate this is, I am not sure but it was an interesting take on the current situation.
TandC

Re: UK Driving Licence & EHIC

Post by TandC »

That looks very like the arrangements if there is a deal. What is not clear is what will happen if there is no deal.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

EHIC was always a holiday card - not for residents
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But some people who lived here claimed that they were on a visit and used their EHIC card..
Last edited by trevnhil on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:57 pm But some people who lived her claimed that they were on a visit and used their EHIC card..
A couple I know, did this for years, but were caught by the Hospital who were doing checks, the husband needed treatment, and in the end they moved back to the UK, so beware, the hospitals do carry out checks.